Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Flooded Basement Woes

After doing some work on our downspouts I thought a flooded basement was a thing of the past. No, that was not to be. Yes, once again the rains came down and basement filled up. The only good thing that comes from a flooded basement, is it makes me clear out a lot of stuff I really don't need anyway. Isn't that how a lot of things we have are, just stuff that we really don't need. I know I am a Hunter/Gatherer by instinct (as the numerous items in my basement can attest to) but, really, do I really need that stuff?
I am involved in a craft supply swap that Gina from "The Shabby Chic Cottage" organized. I am looking forward to seeing what my new friend/swap partner Ramona from "Better Than We Deserve" will be sending me. There I go again wanting more stuff. Now I will justify, these will be craft supplies that I can use in my artwork. Speaking of artwork I need to get busy. Starting this blog, setting up an etsy shop and all the rest has put me behind. But, it has also been great fun! Thanks for visiting.
Debbie

5 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hi Debbie,Thanks for your visit on my blog, and welcome in blogland.I hope you will have fun.
xo Dorthe

Allie Hembree said...

No, we don't NEED all that stuff. Just glad I got my stuff out before it flooded. Let's just work on making it a skating rink again and then it will be a workout facility.

Plays with Needles said...

Welcome to the blogging world where we can leave behind wet basements and get all wrapped up in other people's adventures. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me and my Alice block!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
welcome to the wonderful world of blogging I'm sure you will have lot's of fun.Thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment.
Have a great day
hugs
Marie

Diane said...

Debbie, hi! Congratulations on being a new blogger! And thanks for visiting mine today. You'll love blogging! Sorry for the wet basement. Yucky, huh!
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...