Monday, May 17, 2010

In Memory of Jennifer



I have created an art doll that I am donating to a local Relay for Life auction. The art doll was created with my dear friend Jennifer McClain in mind. Jennifer passed away February 16th this year from Breast Cancer. She was a kindred spirit and was always very supportive of my crafting creations. She not only purchased my artwork for herself, but also as gifts for others. In every room of her home was something I had made for her or she had purchased from me. That means so much to have someone think your creations are worthwhile.
Jennifer's husband and 2 daughters are putting together a basket to be auctioned off at our local Relay for Life event this Friday night. The basket includes things that those of us close to her thought she would like. When her husband asked me to donate, this doll immediately came to mind. I set to work on her with Jennifer on my mind and heart the entire time.


I miss you my friend and I hope you would have liked our girl I created.

Debbie

8 comments:

ramsam said...

Amazing doll! I hope it helps for the wonderful cause!

ramsam said...

PS-
How did you solder the charm you sent me? I have been soldering a bit of jewelry here and there, but have never achieved that clean, smooth look like you have. Any tips would be helpful!!! Your looked amazing!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Debbie:
What a wonderful thing you are doing in memory of your friend. So sorry for your loss.

Thanks also for following my writings. The Brynwood Boutique is my 'shop', while Brynwood Needleworks is my actual blog. Perhaps you'd rather have that on your blog roll? I usually tell you on my blog when there is something new in the Boutique, which would then direct you there. Here's the url for my blog: http://brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for following me, and for leaving your sweet comment. I've become one of your blog friends, and will be back to explore your site.

Blessings,
Donna

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
oh,I'm so sorry for your loss.
I love your doll and I think your friend would too.
Hugs
Marie

Diana said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sweet friend, Debbie. I'm sure Jennifer would love it also and want to add it to her collection. Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. Take care.
Diana

Fun With This and That said...

I just really looked at your doll .I want to make one I love dolls
Thank you for stopping by my blog. My painting is done in soft pastels still have alot of work on it.
will be back
Laura

Plays with Needles said...

Debbie, I'm so sorry you lost Jennifer but I know how much her husband must love your continued support. You're still making art for Jennifer and I know she loves that!!!

Dorthe said...

Hi Debbie,
I know what it means to loose a dear friend,to cancer, and am so sorry for you,-
your doll is a beautifull support given, with love in mind.It is also a very wonderfull artpiece.
xo Dorthe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...