Monday, May 31, 2010

Relaxing Day Making Wind Chimes

The Sweet Shoppe Princess and The Cheerleader




I can't believe it has been a week since I have posted last.  Lots of things going on around here. Youngest daughter tried out for cheerleading this past week.  Yes,  I am happy to say she made the squad.  We had a special young friend turn 6.  She had a "Sweet Shoppe" birthday party.  Decorations were very cute and lots of candy for the youngsters.  I had decorated a pair of flip-flops and  made a journal with removable decorated cover for her.  This little princess' mother  has a blog you can read it here .   Her mother also taught me that little trick with the link.  Thanks Kell.

I spent most of the day working on some orders for Wind Chimes. My FIL had given me some brass ear tags they use on cattle.  I believe now they use plastic.  I put one of the ear tags in this chime with some pottery shards that had been dug up on our property. 



For the next one it was requested I use some seashells.  Used some amber colored stained glass and some glass beads as well.  I made several others and spent most of the day doing them.  Nice to have a slow paced day.


Paid a visit to the cemetery this weekend as well.  I always enjoy visiting a cemetery, such a peaceful and thought provoking place.  We were mindful of all that gave so much of us and for our freedom.  Those that have gone on to a better place and are always held close to our hearts.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. 
Debbie 


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the wind chimes my friend! Sooo SWEET!

Now...I went back in and corrected my post about the sewing machine. I uploaded the original receipt if you want to go and look at it. It was from 1886 not 1898. I was reading it upside down!

Isn't it fab?

Thanks for visiting. Always sooo special to have you.

Love, Rebcca

Sarah said...

Great windchimes! I bet my boys would love to make those! Thanks for the great idea!

Just the Two of US said...

Love the pic! Made me smile!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...