Thursday, May 20, 2010

A "Tribute" You May Want To See

I read several blogs, there is a list to choose from on my sidebar. I often look at the sidebars of blogs I like to read just to see what they are reading. I figure if I like their blog, I'll probably like a blog they like. You get the picture.


One of the blogs I enjoy reading is Plays With Needles.http://plays-with-needles.blogspot.com/
This blog is written by Susan Elliott. A fabulous needleworker whose work is a delight. In her latest post she talks of a stitcher Susan Lenz who is creating "Decision Portraits" as a tribute to a decision someone has made.

Please, go over and check out Susan Elliott's story about her mother and the "Decision Portrait" she is having created.
I am blown away by these portraits and I'm sure you will be too.
Debbie

2 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hey Girlfriend!!!!

I know I'm like over 12 days late in getting back with you to THANK YOU for leaving a sweet comment on my "Starting a New Blog" post...please forgive me!!!! (I'm begging ya!)

I love your blog name...it totally fits my brain 99% of the time ;)

Plus...I'm so honored to see the button on your side bar! Yay! Together, you and I can hopefully help many others who are "on the fence" and get them out here in this wonderful land of FRIENDS!!!! :)

I'm also thankful that you gave me a new link (Susan Elliott) to check out. The title of her blog had me chuckle there for a moment until you explained that she does needlework! The first thing that came to my mind was...running with scissors...playing with needles...oh no! hahahaha!

Welcome to blogland girl...your "home" is beautful and welcoming. I've so enjoyed my stay here.

I love your dolls and am especially touched with the one you made on behalf of Jennifer. She was amazing and brave but something tells me that you had a great deal to do with that too! :)

The weekend is almost here...I hope you have a wonderful one!!!!
Thank you!!!
:)

Diane said...

Debbie, how to dry daffodils...
Just hang them upside down in a dry place! They get crinkly like silk! Easy!
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...