Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Boy To The World and a Yard Sale Find

Boy to the world, love boat, him the boy, him the love, whatever I call him, he has stolen my heart.  Isn't it funny how we come to love someone or something.  It is a magical thing that happens.  Now, when this little guy came into our lives, we had 2 other dogs.  Another dog was not on my list of things I was looking for.  But into our life he came, full force, he is not a timid dog.  We watched in amazement how he would plow across the sofa, as he sent pillows flying.  Our 2 other dogs would have never thought of getting on the sofa uninvited and certainly would not have moved a pillow.  He doesn't ask for much only a lap to sit in while I drink my coffee.  I used to try to blog with him in my lap.  Not a good idea, as he would hit some button and send the whole post to never-never land.   I thought you may enjoy meeting Rufus (my boy to the world).

Yard Sale Find

This is a thimble holder I found.  Brought it home, remembered to take pictures, and scrubbed it up. Sprayed a couple of coats of flat black spray paint. Found some images and cards to add to the top. 
The small card on top came from a box of Latin flash cards.  I had a box of German ones as well, but passed them on to a German friend to use with her grandchildren. Here is my completed project.


I have hung it in my workroom and filled it with thimbles, you will have to look for it in my pictures I will post for "Where Bloggers Create".  It is not too late to join us.  I love to look at other workrooms so I can get ideas on storage, organization and just to look at cute stuff.  Hope to see you there!
Debbie

7 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh, Rufus is soooo cute.Have a great day and fun with Rufus!

Riki Schumacher said...

OOOHHHHHHHH!!!! I love Rufus, you make me smile this morning. I'm sooo glad you got him. When did you get him? Sounds like the unconditional love that steals one's heart immediately, that's what they do. I'm so happy for you. I know the same thing will happen when it's time, a little "rufus" will land in my lap. Thank you so much, feel like I got my fur baby fix this morning. Please say how you found him too, want the story!! Hugs, Riki

Alisa said...

Oh, he's a cutie!!!

Cindy said...

What a sweet little guy, your Rufus. What kind of pup is he? He reminds me of our Shih Tzu. I'll have to check out "Where Bloggers Create"..I've seen the blog button around. Right now this blogger is creating in the living room w/o a proper studio! :-(

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Debbie, what a great story. Thanks so much for coming back and sharing that, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful boy in your family. So very sorry about the loss of your other fur baby. Take care, Riki P.S. Give Rufus a biggggg kiss from me, okay?

ramsam said...

I just want to pull your puppy out of the photo, he is so sweet! My kids would love him! Especially with the recent loss of our favorite kitty.

The thimble shelf is so cute, it turned out great! I love what you did with it. Can not wait to see the studio! Thanks for checking up on me, too, by the way.....

lala said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie he is!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...