Friday, June 11, 2010

The Find That Will Have Something To Say.

As mentioned before I am working on my workspace.  At a local antique mall I found this wooden piece.

It looks to me like it came off a headboard.  When I saw it,  I immediately knew what I would do with it. There are times I will see something and wonder if I should buy it or not.  If I am torn about whether to buy something I really like, I will ask myself,

  1. Can I buy this somewhere else?

  2. Have I seen one like it before?
If the answer is yes to # 1 or #2, I probably will not buy it.  If I have seen others or can go anywhere to buy one, I'll buy it when I need it, elsewhere.  But, if I have never seen it before and  I can't just go out and buy it.  I will ask myself,

   3.  Do I know what I am going to do with it? 

If,  I know exactly what I am going to do with it......it's with me on the way home.

Now, once I get it home not everyone is so ecstatic about my new find.  There are those times I may wait until the coast is clear, before bringing my new found treasure into the house.  I have a friend that says she keeps a red pencil in her car so she can mark a fake "sale" price on her purchases.  I have made the comment to other friends about sneaking some new find into the house.  They all smile knowingly and agree they have done the same.  We can be masters at finding hiding places, until we are found out and have to come clean about our addictions finds.
Back to the wooden piece.   I have a favorite quote that I am going to paint on this piece and put it up in my new workspace.  I will post pictures of it when I put my other debut pictures up.
On a side note, The Longest Yard Sale (US 127) is coming up in August.   That leaves me about 2 months to clear out  and make some new hiding places. 
Debbie


7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi!
Thanks so very, very much for your interest in my Decision Portrait series. It has been a real adventure and it's heating up now! The exhibition is due to be installed in just three months and I have LOTS of portraits to complete before that time! Positive comments like yours really help fuel my passion for the stitching ahead!

By the way.....I love this post of yours. I totally and wholeheartedly relate on every possible level!
Susan

Rebecca said...

Happy Pink Saturday my friend.

How are you doing????? Have a wonderful day...

Love to you~

Rebecca

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love having pieces like this on hand for when I have that "aha" moment about what to do with them. Usually that happens at 3AM which is a problem! Passing on a blog award to you! http://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/2010/06/paying-it-forward.html

Dawn said...

I had to laugh when I read your post cos I leave things in my car until the coast is clear...and I never give the price of anything I buy!
That is a great piece and I can see it with a quote on it...I also thought that with some hooks or holes it could hold ribbon...x

Dorthe said...

Hi dear,
so had to laugh ,about this post of yours, YES , I so know what you are talking about, exatly the same here!!!
Well now with my shop, I can alwayes tell ,all the stuff is going there, but if something is spotted inside befor I found a place,then......oh my....not good.
Your wooden piece will look so great with a quote,painted on.
Hugs, Dorthe

Something Special said...

Hi there, my name is Michele. I am having a lovely giveaway over at my Something Special blog. Come check it out. I think you will love it! I really love the way you photograph certain pieces.

ramsam said...

I love this post!
I have a friend that writes the amount only in the checkbook, then she pulls it out and on the register writes a grocery store instead of a craft store....not so easy to do with check imaging online now, but it worked many years for her! It seems if I hurry and throw stuff in my craft corner, it doesn't get noticed too often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...