Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Seashells by the Seashore


In my last post you saw a wind chime I had made using seashells as one of the elements.  While I was working on that wind chime, I could not help but to be saddened.    Sad for all that is going on with our Gulf Coast.  Will there be seashells to collect on the beach?  Will there be a beach we can walk on, that's not contaminated with oil or with chemicals they have used to try to "clean" this mess up.  We hear so often about the amount of oil that is escaping from this ruptured well,  I wonder how they can tell or is it just a guessing game.  How much of what we are told is truthful?  How much is "tell them what they want to hear"?  The extent of this disaster is so far out of our grasp.  We cannot even begin to imagine what will become reality on the other side of  this.  I know they say every cloud has a silver lining.  Well,  if there is a silver lining I hope we see it soon.

Debbie

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I so agree. I grew up near the Pacific coast and the thought of the damage to any of our oceans is sickening at best.

Careless hands have wrought tremendous devastation.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Debbie:
I love your seashell windchime! It's really beautiful. I might just have to try making one, too. Thanks for the inspiration, and always, thanks for visiting Brynwood and leaving such sweet comments. Have a great week.
xoxo
Donna

Dorthe said...

Hi Debbie,
yes it surely is a disaster,
what will become of ouer world with all this contamination,going on all ower, can`t help thinking of ouer grandchildren, what are we leaving them???

Your windchime is wonderfull, I would love to do one myself, but we don`t have that big beautifull shells here on my coast.
Happy wednesday,
Hugs, Dorthe

Ike said...

Debbie, what a beautiful tribute to our great Gulf shore...Seashells by the Seashore. Already effecting the fantastic shores of LA, MS, and AL, it's expected to touch FL tomorrow. If the oil catastrophe makes that turn around FL, you know it's headed to our beautiful east coast beaches. We do so hope the oil flow will be stopped...when it's hardest to pray, pray harder...seems to be the greatest help since nothing man made has worked.

Love your posts and so glad you are making your wares known on the internet. Maybe this will motivate me to get back to crafting.

Love you bunches,
Gayle

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
yes, I also agree - what a disaster.
Love your windchime, it's beautiful. Thanks also for your visit and your sweet comment you left behind.You're always welcome, love your visits.
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Marie

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi Debbie....yes, it's AWFUL what is happening with the oil spill. Living in Florida I can hardly bring myself to watch the news...uggh! Have a great rest of the week, Janet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...