Thursday, July 29, 2010

Believe

Cindy over at I Owe It All To Him
 is having another Linky party
.  She has asked each of us to post our favorite word. 
 My favorite word would have to be believe.
  Believe in a God that is greater
 than anything you can imagine.
  Believe in yourself when
 it would be easier to give up. 
 Believe in others,
 you may need them to believe
 in you one day.
Believe is an action word,
 it requires endurance,
 it requires thought
and often requires perseverance.
The word believe brings this song to mind.


Many nights we've prayed

With no proof anyone could hear

In our hearts a hopeful song

We barely understood

Now we are not afraid

Although we know there's much to fear

We were moving mountains long

Before we knew we could

There can be miracles, when you believe

Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill

Who knows what miracles you can achieve

When you believe, somehow you will

You will when you believe

In this time of fear

When prayers so often prove(s) in vain

Hope seems like the summer birds

Too swiftly flown away

Yet now I'm standing here

My heart's so full I can't explain

Seeking faith and speaking words

I never thought I'd say

There can be miracles, when you believe

Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill

Who knows what miracles you can achieve

When you believe, somehow you will

You will when you believe

They don't (always happen) when you ask

And it's easy to give in to your fears

But when you're blinded by your pain

Can't see your way straight through the rain

(A small but )still resilient voice

Says (hope is very near)

There can be miracles

When you believe

(Lord, when you believe)

Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill

Who knows what miracles,you can achieve

When you believe, somehow you will
somehow you will

You will when you believe


You will when you

You will when you believe

Just believe...in your heart

Just believe

You will when you believe~

 
Believe
 
 
Love to all,
Debbie

17 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Deb,
I started crying...this is SOOO beautiful and I never would have thought of that word!!! And guess what? In the background, my was playing and it said, "The hour I first believed!" right when I got to your blog!!!
Wow!
HUGS,
Cindy

Olive Cooper said...

Debbie, a powerful word you decided on here. Very well done. Truly we are surrounded by much unbelief. Thanks for sharing this. olive♥

ramsam said...

So well written, so beautiful, and I absolutely love that song from Prince of Egypt. Thanks for this today!

agypsyangel said...

Debbie,
So true and It is my hope that more people will find it it in their heart and believe.
A lovely post.
Kim

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
what a beautiful post - thanks for sharing.
You do have a way with words,my friend.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

nannykim said...

Debbie, that is a great word and song. I haven't heard that song before. What is it called?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Powerful word and powerful poem. It's a great word!!

Lynn said...

Wow, this is a beautiful post, a beautiful song and yes a beautiful and powerful word. Thank you for the inspiration this morning :)

Faye said...

Beautiful post, Debbie. I love the word, too. Your blog is gorgeous. That picture at the top with the crystal bird is wonderful.

sjmcdowell said...

When you Believe.....Letting go and letting God....and in ALL things Believe!!

Thank you Debbie,

Susan

peggy gatto said...

When we believe we have hope, comfort, and inspiration!
Lovely post, thank you!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I love your word, I use this word often in my card making and scrapbooking. I didn't know how much I liked it until I read your post. Awesome post!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing Debbie! "Believe" is an awesome word and a spectacular state of "being."
Angela
www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

A powerful word illustrated so beautifully with the words you chose Debbie.... x

Christy said...

Debbie,

WoW! Believe is a powerful word and I have been struggling with this exact word lately. I have been having trouble believing in myself and my work. Your blog today has really helped me beyond what I can thank you.

Please take care!
Smiles!
Christy

Scrapping With Sherry said...

This is one of the other words that I was tossing around all week. Great word and great way to present it, I loved the poem.

Take Care~ Sherry

Hillbilly Handiworks said...

Believe. Period. That's a statement of faith. I like that word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...