Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lessons Learned

I started out to write about how I have had a great learning experience, from losing my pictures.  Yes, I wanted to cry when I first saw the damage I had single handily created.  I wrote my post with tears in my eyes. I pushed the publish post button and a funny thing happened, the comments started coming in.  Comments that expressed concern and sympathy.  Comments that upon my writing a reply, caused me to realize there was more to this than losing a few pictures.
I received comments from friends, friends I did not have 3 months ago.  Friends that I value, friends that leave comments, I look forward to reading. Friends that have blogs, I enjoy reading. 
Most of you are like me, we write our blog posts from our hearts.  We want to say something that has meaning and substance.  I think that was why the loss of the pictures hurt.  They weren't just pictures when I posted them.  They were pictures that helped tell the story of that blog post.  But, there will be other blog posts and other pictures.   As I told several of you, "C'est la vie", in the grand scheme of things, this is very minor.   Please, learn a lesson from me and don't go around deleting things like a crazed mad woman.  Impetuous I have been called and impetuous I'm sure I will be again, but maybe not any time soon.

I saw a great quote somewhere recently, it could have been on some one's blog, I am sorry not to remember where.
"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

May your battles be small and your victories great.

Love to all,
Debbie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...