Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Charmed Exchange


You may remember the pillow I made for a
"dear friend".
The "dear friend" I hope I will have,
after she receives this pillow,

as well as one of these charms.


(sorry I cannot get picture to turn)

decided to do a swap.

We were to make a pillow of a certain size,
and 15 charms.

The charms could be no larger that 1.5".
With the jump ring attached to mine, I just
made it. The Charms are glass bevels
over vintage postage stamps.  I hope
I have enough variety, in the stamps I
chose, for Sarah to be happy with them.


We have no idea who our swap partner
will be, or what Sarah is doing with
the 15 charms.

It will be exciting to find out!

I will post photos as soon as I
receive my package .
We will then know, who my new
"dear friend" will be.

Wendy, who co-hosts the Blissfull ATC Swap
with me, also signed up to do this
swap of Sarah's.
I wasn't sure Wendy knew I was taking part in
this, until she asked me a few days ago.
I think it will be funny if Sarah were to  match
Wendy and me up with this swap.

Love to all,
Debbie

12 comments:

BLISS angels said...

and so will I because when you posted about that pillow a few weeks ago I thought "Gosh that pillow is so me" we will just have to wait and see and the charms are wonderful and at least you remembered to take a photo before sending them... Im going to posting about a swap I'm thinking about doing soon soon keep your eyes open.... hugs Wendy

Debbie said...

Debbie this sounds like a lot of fun. Almost like those chain letters, except you actually get something cute. Thanks for your comment and feedback...this type of open forum I think helps a lot of gals rething their own strategies and ways of blogging.

Dorthe said...

Debbie,
Your charms,are great, love the idea with old stamps inside-and the pillow,-you know I think it is so very beautifull,-someone will be happy, recieving all you made, dear-
Hugs,Dorthe

Lynn said...

Ahhhhhhh so you don't know who your items are going to yet? That's different and a nice way of mixing things up :)
Love the little charms too, that's a lot , maybe bracelets are on the way to you :)

To turn a photo in most graphics programs, go to "image" then there should be options to "rotate" it. I heard of a free program called Gimp but I have no space left on my computer to try it out.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
your charms are beautiful and so is the pillow.
Whoever gets this will be a lucky girl!
Is this like a secret sister swap?
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs to you,
Marie

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Very cool, Debbie. I can't wait to see what happens with them!
xoxo
Donna

sissie said...

From one pillow girl to another, I love yours!
The charms are so sweet and it will be fun to see what she does with them.

hugs
Sissie

mya said...

And charms too! Somebody is going to be a lucky gal. Did you make the charm that you put the stamps in, or are they available for sale? Yes, my curiosity is up about the way she will use the charms.

agypsyangel said...

The pillow is wonderful (i am still in sewing machine disrepair :( ---) I hope to get one made by the end of the week. I have been crocheting and making cards. Your charms are so cute :) Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs,
Kim

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

How fun. I'm signed up to do my first swap. I really have to get started with my project (even though I don't have a clue what I'll be doing). Your things are darling!

Riki Schumacher said...

Those are fun, lots of work, but fun. Your pieces are great, love the pillow too! Riki

Eileen Bergen said...

You've really done a nice job with the pillow and charms.

Such different tasks - that must have been challenging - or it would have been for me. lol.

I'm sure you're swap partner will be delighted - whoever she turns out to be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...