Thursday, October 14, 2010

Same Song Second Verse

That was the way the Doctor put it.
You will have the same surgery, through the same incision, next week in 2 weeks.
Same song second verse.

The song started with a lump on my thyroid. When the lump was first discovered, I had a needle biopsy.  At that time, all was well and it was just something to be watched.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and my rheumatologist sees me every 3 months.  He had found the inital lump, so he would keep an eye on it and watch for any sign of change.
The lump has been there 5 years.
I began having ear problems this year, the treatment was one antibiotic after another.  No help. Then, I had an ear tube inserted and more antibiotics.  No help. 
On the advice of a friend I found a new ENT Doctor.  He looked at my ear and saw nothing unusual and began examining my neck.  He determined I needed a MRI done on my neck, since he felt a mass there.
The MRI revealed problems with my thyroid.  An Ultrasound was ordered for a closer look.
Yes, there was a tumor, cyst, lump whatever you want to call it.  The lump had to come out.
I was scheduled for an overnight hospital stay to have the lump removed.  The sugery went well and I slept most of the afternoon.  That evening I was doing so well, the Dr discharged me to come home.
I did not need any pain medication and I rested most of the weekend.  The next week I went in for suture
removal.  The murmurs began, that maybe all was not well with the lump they had removed .  Yes murmurs, but don't worry until we have a definative report on the biopsy.
Now the report is here and the murmurs have been put to music.
The second verse begins:
Same surgery, through the same incision, this time removing all the thyroid.
I have also heard murmurs again, this time of future treatments.
So, on goes the song,
I hum a few bars in my head and
 decide I don't like that song very much.
 Later I find I am humming again,
 like any other song that gets stuck in your mind.

I hope next week in 2 weeks when the second verse has played out,
I will have a new song to sing.
In the mean time,
 I hum and I pray.
I hum a little more
 and I wait.

Love to all,
Debbie

27 comments:

agypsyangel said...

Oh my, when is this scheduled for or is it scheduled? Thats what the test you were waiting to hear back on? My thoughts, prayers and hugs to you my friend.
Love,
Kim

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

So sorry to hear that you have been going thru all of this. I will be praying for you! Blessings~~~ Daphne

Gayle said...

Debbie, how beautifully you word your blog even in a time of such distress. We are lifting you up in prayer and you are included on the church prayer list. So glad you went to a new ENT. We'll be checking on you by phone. Love you bunches! Stay strong! Lots of Hugs from us.

Leila West said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Debbie.
I hope all will be well and will be thinking of you.

Dorthe said...

Dear Debbie,
I se you have a difficult time, and have had that for some time now- and I think I understand the song in your head -going on right now- a song no one of us likes to sing-
I so hope , that next week, brings good news to you, dear, in the meantime,
Blessings, and love.
Dorthe

DeeDee said...

I will sing the song and prayer with you my friend...I hope this all turns out well for you..I know not feeling well leads to not very fun days....I am sending gentle hugs your way..and pray for a better day...

Rebecca said...

...and I will be standing in the wings lifting you up to the Giver of Life for peace, peace, peace and healing.

God knows not only ever song ever song but each and every verse as well.

He will make a way.

Love to you~

Rebecca

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Dear Debbie:
I know that all will be well, and will say a prayer or two for you anyway. Please rest and take care. I'll look forward to hearing your new tune, too. Perhaps a few verses of "If They Could See Me Now"?
xoxo
Donna

Whimsey Creations said...

My prayers will be with you. Big hugs!

BubzRugz said...

Big HUGZ....

Cathy K said...

I hate hate hate that you’re going through this. Make them stop murmuring and start speaking clearly! In the meantime, I’ll strike up the chorus for you here. Endless hugs, Cathy

soggybottomflats said...

Ok Debbie, I am humming and praying over here, just for you my friend. Hey, if I could, I would wing it over to Ky and sit with you a few days and let you sing to me. Thinking of you, big hugs, Elaine

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Debbie,
I'm so sorry you have to go through this again!!I do hope that everything will turne out fine. Sending prayers and hugs to you.
Marie

Higgins Design Studio said...

Debbie, Thank you for sharing your personal story. I admire your attitude. And I hope that the tune has a happy ending SOON! Gentle hugs and healing thoughts from me to you!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You're in my prayers too Debbie, as you have been right along and will continue to be.

Whytefeather said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you warm hugs, I'm sorry you are having to sing this particular song right now. I will be hoping with all of my heart that the song changes to a better one.

Theresa said...

WOW Debbie, I'll be praying that all will go well and you'll snap back after the surgery quickly! I had thyroid troubles a few years ago but it was corrected with medicine! Darn thyroid, tiny but can cause trouble!

Have a blessed day my friend! BIG HUGS!

Plays with Needles said...

I hear your humming and wish you all the positive energy I can muster for a most successful thyroid surgery. It stinks that you have to go multiple rounds...it can wear you down...keep singing and humming, I think it helps. Maybe sing to the other patients in the hospital...and make new friends. Everything happens for a reason...I'm sure you'll figure out what it is. Good good luck, my friend. love, Susan

Patti said...

I am praying sweetie :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Oh Debbie, I don't like this song you are humming. I hope you will be "singing a happy tune" very soon.

You are in my prayers.

La Doña Jenny said...

Debbie I will stand next to you and humm and pray with you. God's blessings to you.

Jenny

Jillayne said...

Oh dear - how trying. It's the not knowing that gets us I think, the try this and try thats. We can deal with what we know. I am sitting here, hoping all will be right for you sooner rather than later. I too love the way you wrote this post, it's sweet and sad at the same time but hopeful and hope is the key. I'll be thinkin' 'bout you...

mya said...

Oh, Debbie, you seem to be fairly calm as you wait, wait, wait. I will be praying for you and thinking about you as you go through this. I have two friends that had their thyroids removed; both had follow up treatments, both felt lousy during the process, both had little - scratch - both had no energy during the recuperation, and both are well and happy, and energetic now.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh Debbie...keep us updated and I hope that soon you will be singing a new song.
(())

Courtney said...

I'll be around to conduct a new song for you soon...with a full choir if you want! Miss you and I hope to see you soon!

debbie said...

DEAR DEBBE,
FORGIVE ME FOR NOT KEEPING A CLOSER WATCH...I DID NOT KNOW YOU HAD A SECOND SURGERY.
MY FAVORITE SONG TO HUM IS IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL. I PRAY IT ALL BE WELL WITH YOUR SOUL. I DO KNOW THAT ART AND CREATING THINGS HAS HELPED TO HEAL ME AND YOU DO SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORK.
YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

MOLLYE said...

Debbie, You have been so inspirational and supportive in your love and prayers for me and my family the past four months. I want you to know I truly lift you up to God and ask him to bring you complete healing and give you peace of mind. You are such a dear friend. I will keep you in my heart and thoughts. Mollye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...