Sunday, October 3, 2010

Time To Rethink

This past week I had to have some minor/could have been major surgery.  When you are facing an upcoming event like that, you think.  You think about the things that are important to you.  You also start looking at the way you spend your day.  I have come to the conclusion that I waste way too much time and I need to focus on the things that bring me and others joy.
Am I involved in projects that have lost their appeal?  I have said before I have the tendency to be impetuous. That can lead to being immersed in  a project before really being sure it is something I have the time and most of all the desire for.
 Am I reading blogs just because they are on my Google Reader list?  I have several good blogging friends, I read their blogs and comment on what they have had to say.  They in turn do the same when I write a post.  But, what about all the other blogs I skim through and never leave a comment.  Have I followed them simply because they once had a giveaway I wanted to win?  The last time I looked I was following 300+ blogs.  Why? I cannot possibly read that many blogs or develop friendships with that many bloggers.  I almost feel like a hoarder here, how many blogs can I add to the list?
  Is that all there is to this blogging, how many followers can I get?  I don't think so and I am rethinking all of this.
I want to write and read a blog with substance.  I want to leave a thoughtful comment, not a quick, "Love it!" and rush on so I can read the next 257 items in my reader. 
In the next few weeks, I will be rethinking and simplifying.  Not flying by on a wing and a prayer.
Love to all,
Debbie
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...