Friday, November 12, 2010

A Fonzie Santa

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself!

  My friend Connie has recently become interested in
needle felting.  I had mentioned I had made a Santa using
the needle felting technique.  She asked me to post a photo
of Old Santa. 
I took the class to make my Santa,
from Norma Campbell in Springfield, KY.
The class was given in her home on a beautiful
farm in central Kentucky.
The class size was small and we were given
a good deal of personal attention and
an excellent lunch as well.  I am not
sure if she still gives classes as a
google search revealed limited info
and a broken link to a web site.

I enjoyed making the Santa and
brought him home to mixed reviews.
"He looks like Fonzie!"  "Aaaayhh!"
Was my DH's response.  My daughters
gave him a look and an eye roll.
I could hear them thinking, "Now, what
is Mom going to start making?"

I promised Connie a photo so, I had to
dig Santa out of my numerous Christmas
decorations.  When I found him, I had
to laugh!  He brought back some good
memories and that is always a good thing!

Hope you all have a good weekend!
Aaaayhh!

Love to all,
Debbie

16 comments:

Theresa said...

Cute Santa, I love the FONZE:) I will have to google needle felting, don't know what that is. Enjoy your day, HUGS!

Lynn Richards said...

Awesome job, Debbie!
I can't even imagine making a whole santa out of felting!!!
xo
lynn

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Well, I'm not sure I see Fonzie...but I do see a job well done! He's so cute!

Whimsey Creations said...

I think he's really cute! And your story brings to mind when my friend from England was visiting once and we decided to make Santas with clay heads and hands. We were putting them together and her Santa's fingers kept breaking off. We'd glue them on and they'd break again. By the time we were done her Santa was so wild looking that we were almost peeing our pants laughing so hard. It was one of the best visits with her. She passed away a couple of years ago and everytime I walk past that Santa (my husband collects them and they are in our bedroom year round) I think of that time fondly. Keep on needle felting - I think he needs a Mrs. Santa to go with him! LOL

BubzRugz said...

He is a handsome elf..... it is so nice to have your own work on display.... I do laugh at the eye rolling of our children.... they too will get them in due course!!
Hugz

agypsyangel said...

I think that he is adorable....and how fun and special...oh me kids :) Hugs, Kim

Dorthe said...

Dear Debbie, he is so cute, and funny- you can be proud of him, I have tryed felting,too,-it is a very difficult, and hard work :)
Have a beautifull week-end.....Hugs,Dorthe

Magpie's Mumblings said...

A Fonzie Santa?...so cute! I've done very limited needle felting and can only imagine the bodily injury I would inflict on myself if I were to try something this intricate.

DeeDee said...

I think he is adorable...santa and angels are my whole tree. so I am partcial to them...you did a great job...

one tip if you want to do needle felting do not felt the wool at home..I just flooded my laundry room and kitchen with a clogged drain pipe...what a mess,,,,but I needed it felted for my goat herder......

thanks for sharing your little santa...and some fun memories too.

Riki Schumacher said...

I think its the new Santa of this generation...skinny! Love it. Hugs, Riki

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
he is so cute - don't hide him.
TFS. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Jan said...

Love your plump Santa :)

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Oh Debbie, he is adorable. That looks like quite an ambitious undertaking! You did a nice job. Is he wired so he can be posed? He does need a Mrs.! Connie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I've been thinking about you ! Glad to see you ...
well I love your Santa, he has character. :))
(())

vicki said...

Adorable little Santa - love his happy face!

Can't believe I was that close to your place - darn!! How close are you to the Woodford Reserve - am having holiday dinner there next month~~

vicki

Lynn Stevens said...

Looks like your Santa is ready for some milk and cookies! He is just adorable Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...