Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Heart Swap Inspiration

Creating a heart from your heart maybe difficult if you are unsure where to begin the process.
I love a little inspiration, so I thought you may appreciate a little as well.
I find that colors inspire me, so it is off to the fabric stash I go.  Now you really
did not think I would show you my mountains of fabric did you?  That is rule #1
of the FAB (Fabric Addicted Broads) group, don't show your stash!  Someone
may want to steal it!  Okay, it is not a real group, but lets just say, "I got a lot and
it is too messy to show".  I do have friends with very neat work areas and are
Queen's of storage/organization.  Donna is a fine example of a dream workspace.
Connie even has a blog devoted to storage solutions.
Books are another place I love to find inspiration.  I recently checked the book,
"Cloth Doll Workshop" by elinor peace bailey, Patti Medaris Culea and Barbara Willis
from the library.  Full of great dolls and instructions.   I kept thinking Dorthe should
write a book like this about her Fairies.
Susan has some books listed on a recent post that will kick start the creative process.


Then there is always just some good ole' eye candy!
Here are some examples I have found on your
websites.
Sue created this:

Here is an example from Jillayne
Marie was so inspired by this "Heart From The Heart Swap" that she created this:
Stacie created this and I think it would be beautiful
on a heart.

Kim created this image with photoshop.  You could print it out on fabric and
use it as a focal point.



A simple Google Image Search of "Crazy Quilt Heart"
found 976,000 images, now that should be enough inspiration
for any of us.

Here is a list of those participating
And Me!

It is not too late to join!
Info for swap maybe found on this post.

Love to all,
Debbie

15 comments:

agypsyangel said...

That is alot of inspiration and thank you for including me :) Hope your evening is wonderful. Hugs, Kim

Susan deGeneres said...

Hi Debbie,

This is so funny because I was just sitting here looking for inspiration for writing about "Inspiration" when I noticed your blog post about "Inspiration!" LOL.

Hugs,
Susan

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

I am in the process but thanks for all the inspirations. I am taking note, might need to do something else. blessings
QMM

PeggyR said...

These are lovely! I'm almost done with mine!

Whytefeather said...

Thank you, Debbie, for including me and for such a lovely compliment :)
So is that a hint?! LOL!
hugs,
Stacie

Patti said...

What a fun swap. I am going to be out of town or I would join you. Really beautiful images here.
Have fun girls !

Dorthe said...

Hi Debbie-
I see we are quite some in line,now--how great, dear friend.I love you thinking of me sweet, but have no ambissions about writing books-lol-that would give me no time for sitting here-AND I LOVE DOING THAT - .
Thankyou for your inspirational suggestions, and the pretty photoes- I just love the low colored ones.
Have a great day Debbie.
Hugs, Dorthe

Theresa said...

Beautiful hearts:) Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Eileen Bergen said...

You found some lovely examples, Debbie. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Sweet Debbie,


Thank you so much for your comment on my granddaughters blanket I have made for her.
I hope she will love it as much as I loved making it for her!!!

Wishing you a good evening!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan

vicki said...

Debbie- what a beautiful idea- I love the idea of this swap. I have never participated in a swap before- and I am so tempted. I will give this some serious thought.

I hope all is well for you my friend. I seriously do want to meet- let's promise to do it when the weather is warmer! Our last trip in your direction was on icy roads- ugh!

Every time I see your beautiful blog header- it makes me smile. I absolutely love that photo!
Vicki

Riki Schumacher said...

Hey Debbie, did you mention the dimensions the hearts should be? I know they have to fit into the shipping box, but what size is everyone making?? Thanks, it will be fun. Hugs, Riki

faerie enchantment said...

I'd love to join this swap, looks fabulous! How many hearts need to be made, dimensions, etc.
Magic and Joy,
Lisa!

Dianne said...

I've just finished a heart that I'd like to share, so please count me in! I'll email the info you need to you. Thanks so much!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Debbie Dear:
Such a list of inspirational blogs. Thank you so much for including me! I'm humbled. Thanks also for hosting this fun swap. Can't wait to see what everyone creates.
xoxo
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...