Friday, January 28, 2011

Hearts Everywhere!

 Peggy sent this lovely heart.  Peggy is from Kentucky
and lives about an hour away from me.  She does
beautiful artwork when you visit her blog notice
the header she did those drawings!

Francie sent this heart with a Bird Nest on it!
It is beautiful and again so different.
Francie makes the best soaps.  She sent me
some back in the fall and I still use it!
Francie has an etsy shop, but
when I went to visit her shop, the cupboards
were bare. 

A new friend Jan sent the next heart. Jan is a knitter,
among other things.  On her blog she says, she has had
27 foster children.  Talking about touching the lives
of others!  Jan, I look forward to getting to know
you better and I am delighted you took part in this swap.

Vicki's heart was in the next box I opened. You must
take a few minutes to look at Vicki's blog. She is
another fellow Kentuckian and makes the most
fascinating bird nests.  Some of the "limited edition"
 nests she creates, benefit charities!
  She only creates her nests
during her "nesting"  seasons,
 so get on a waiting list, soon!

My good friend Wendy's heart arrived as well.
Wendy is the queen  of ATC's 
(artist trading cards).  That is how we met!
She wanted to start an ATC trading blog and I
encouraged her a little. She does fantastic things
with digital images (way over my head).
Check out her blog and maybe get involved in
her ATC swaps.  Wendy did  some cross
stitching on her heart.

DeeDee's heart was opened next. DeeDee really
did not want to send this heart to the swap.  She made
it and fell in love with it!  I can see why.  From the 
pink fluffy bow to the black tassel on the bottom, this
heart is a beauty!  It is beaded and really
something!  DeeDee has an etsy shop 
check out her soldered charms!
DeeDee is another friend that I talk to most
every day and have really enjoyed getting to know.
She and I like a lot of the same crafts.
Occasionally, I will tell her to take a picture of
something she is making so I can copy it!

Sherry is another new friend I have made through
this swap.  Her heart is beautiful my DD was helping
me photograph the hearts, as I was unwrapping them.
She mentioned all the perfect hand stitches.
The tiny flowers are so nicely formed too!
Sherry got the word on the heart right too,
to look at this heart brings you joy.  Read
Sherry's blog she frequents the thrift stores,
you gotta love that, and does a great job
repurposing.  I love the bed pillow she made
new again!

I have posted all the hearts as they have come in.
If you have sent your heart and have not
seen it posted, send me an email.  If you
have not mailed yours yet, no worries.
You have another week to mail!

Update on Sophie....
She is resting comfortably after passing a rather
large piece of a Pooh Bear!  The Pooh Bear was
causing her intestinal issues. 
 At least we did not have
to have the colonoscopy $$$$ done!

The next day she chewed DD's UGG boots!
After getting mad at Sophie, DD said, "Well
at least she has good taste in shoes!"

May as well laugh, about the things
we cannot change.  And learn to
put our shoes in the top of the
closet!

Love to all,
Deb

15 comments:

DeeDee said...

OMG! such beauties.... I love them all..and so very different....I am so inspired by all this lovely work..and slowly checking out some fun blogs too...

So glad Sophie is doing better too... its weird what they choose to chew on sometimes...

ShirleyC said...

Oh my goodness! I know you are having fun looking at all of that eye candy up close and personal. I'm so impressed with all that I've seen.
I'm glad Sophie is doing better. I had to laugh because one time Missy passed some red and blue glitter stars - she ate them from the 4th of July doorpiece that the wind blew down.
My little granddaughter has the flu, and she's been soooo sick. Doing a little better today.
Hugs.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

The hearts are ALL so amazing! Wow! I love how unique each of them are. I'm sure DeeDee isn't the only one hating to give theirs up. I already know some of the participants, but need to sit down and visit the ones I don't. You certainly have your work cut out for you Debbie. You are doing a great job. Enjoy your weekend. Connie

Whimsey Creations said...

Wow Debbie - the more I see the more I can't wait to see which one I get! LOL I'm glad your baby is OK now. We have to watch ours like a hawk if he has a sock. Sometimes he just mouths it and lays on it but other times he shreds it and we have to throw it away so he won't eat the pieces LOL Dogs!

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Debbie they are all so beautiful. I am like Whimsy, can't wait to see which one I get. We have got to plan a lunch together Debbie, when the weather gets better and you are feeling top notch.
QMM

Theresa said...

Gorgeous hearts! Different but each beautiful! Happy the puppy is OK, sorry about Pooh and the boots:(

Enjoy your day my friend! HUGS!

BLISS angels said...

this is the best part seeing all the heart on show , thank you Debbie for the kind words and I'm glad that Sophie is getting better ... those puppies and the chewing....Acorn as to date chewed two pilllows, my matchboxes for the swap and countless socks and it doesn't matter how high they are he can finds them...I find the bones work to stop him and it okay for him to eat them... I have lots around so when ever he need to chew he goes for them...instead of something he shouldn't eat... hugs wendy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

When I joined this swap I didn't realize all the fabulous stitchers there were ... oh my...since I am not one at all...I am very humbled.
As for the Etsy shop, well there was all that controversy about the person selling those horrendous cards that makes fun of people with disabilities ... I am not ready to give Etsy any of my money just yet, if ever.
LOL about the poor puppy...hope he gets it alll out soon.
(())

PeggyR said...

WOW everyone is doing great with their hearts! I'm glad your puppy is doing well!

StamperBee said...

These hearts are very beautiful!!! Sophie has got to watch what she eats pooh bear and ugg boots. OH me. Glad she is doing much better though. Hope you have a great weekend, hugs, Kim

Magpie's Mumblings said...

More beauties!! So glad to hear that Sophie is doing better - poor puppy.

vicki said...

Hi Sweet Debbie- has anyone told you TODAY that this is turning out to be a fabulous event! You are so very gracious to host this for us all. The hearts all look so beautiful on your blog- oh my- such amazing creations! Thanks Deb for your great idea- already this has been great fun!
So glad your sweet doggie baby is doing well- what a cutie--
Vicki

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh, such beautiful hearts... so glad you fur baby is ok!!! I wanted to thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments! I always enjoy reading them!!!
Blessings~~Daphne

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh boy, do I relate to that! After Maddie getting in to a few things, at least she's too small to eat things! Ha! Love the hearts, can wait to see what you choose for all of us! Your baby is so sweet Debbie. Take care, Riki

Lynn said...

Awwwwww poor Sophie, that must have really hurt, bless her.
I am enjoying all the beautiful hearts created by your friends, how wonderful. I love hearts:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...