Monday, January 24, 2011

Here A Heart, There A Heart!

The mail lady drove up in my driveway today
and beeped her horn.  I went out and she
was gathering up packages.  She asked if I had
been buying things on Ebay!  No, I explained
I am hosting a swap.  She looked at me kind
of strange......I told her in about 2 weeks I
will be sending out about 30 packages, but
not to worry I would take them to the post
office myself.  "Whatcha' swappin'?", she
asked........well, hearts of course!

Mary Ann  (MA) sent hers all the way
from Canada.
Mary Ann's blog is a Magpie too!
She is also a contributor on
the Simply CQ Blog with me.
I always call her Sister Magpie.
She was kind enough to pray for me
while I was going through my
Thyroid Cancer ordeal.
As a matter of fact she was
the first blog friend I talked to about it.
Thank you Sister Magpie, for being
a part of this swap and for being
a praying friend!
Look at all the different techniques
that MA has used and incorporated
into this work of art.
Look at the spider web and beaded
spider.
The next heart was from Kim.
Kim is a good friend as well and
a praying friend too!
She helped me through my isolation
period (radiation treatment) for
the thyroid cancer.  She sent me
text messages and checked on me.
We email most every day.
She is also on the Simply CQ
blog.  We have had fun learning
Crazy Quilting together!
Kim is also very active with
stamping and paper crafting.
She has an etsy shop.
You can find a Valentine's Day
card there, along with lots of cute things!
The next heart to be opened came from
Florida!  Oh, to be in a warm climate!`
Dianne sent this "Let Your Heart Sing"
heart so different and beautiful!
Full of bead work and stitching!
Dianne is concerned about the coastal environment
and writes poety.  She has an etsy shop look
at the altered journals she makes!
Peggy sent this heart
I love the cameo she has attached to her heart.
Peggy is a caregiver and shares some great
recipes on her blog.
Then I opened this last... but not least,
from Shirley C.  Shirley is a cancer
survivor and has a lovely blog.  She shares
recipes too!  This heart is
has something for everyone
buttons, lace, yo-yos
and vintage linens. 
The back has a bit of a surprise as well!

A lace motif that Shirley made!!!!
Don't you love it!
As MA would say, "enbiggen it"
and get a good look!

On a personal note, I am worried
about my 6 month old puppy!
All 60 pounds of her, Sophie has been
passing small amounts of blood
and we are trying to determine the
source.  She has been given an
antibiotic, today she had blood
in her stool.  I am keeping an
eye on her and that means standing
in the rain and cold, with a flashlight
at night.  She is so smart, yesterday
DD told us of a dog that would ring
a bell to go outside when it needed
to potty.  I hung a bell, rang it each
time we went out and today she
rang the bell to go out!  I wish I
was that smart.  She is just a big
sweetheart and I love her so!


Love to all,
Debbie

23 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Oh Debbie some beautiful heart. I sent mine off today. I had no idea how to go about making an appropriate heart. I so hope it is okay. It seems to be a lot bigger than most I have seen But anyway, I put a lot of heart into it. Blessings
QMM

DreamChallenge said...

Life is so amazing. As I read the notes with the new heart I knew why God sent me to a "heart swap". We all hold many things in common. Blessings to you and thank you for the time it takes to share. Jan

ShirleyC said...

I'm so glad my "heart" made it's arrival. I love looking at all of the beautiful creations and wondering which one will be mine.
I sure hope your puppy is ok. She's such a cutie!

PeggyR said...

WOW you are swimming in hearts! I hope you take a picture of them all together when you get them. I hope your puppy is ok!

Nook Cranny Gifts said...

Debbie,
I love looking at all of the hearts.
I sure do hope your little dog is ok.
Thanks for sharing
Michele

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Debbie:
Another collection of stunning hearts! They're so beautiful and I'm sure each recipient will be honored by any of the hearts you've shared with us so far.

I'll say a prayer for Sophie. It could just be a slight infection, but we'll keep good thoughts and pray for good news from the vet.

Hugs from Florida,
Donna
xoxo

vicki said...

Hi Deb- they just keep coming and they are all so lovely/ this is going to be great fun! Look at that long list of names!! Wow!!

Your little puppy is precious - I can sense that she is very special to you- I will say a little prayer for her also. Give her a big hug--
Vicki

BubzRugz said...

Magnificent hearts..... really such work and beauty....
I was thinking of you today and your thyroid cancer...
Hugz

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Wow Debbie, you have a lot of hearts coming in! How fun and they are each so unique and beautiful. This is going to be so much fun to finally see which one arrives at my home. I would be happy with any of them. I hope your puppy has nothing serious. Such a sweet little pup. Take care, Connie

Theresa said...

Love all of those precious hearts! I know that the recipients will be so excited to have them! Hope the sweet little puppy is OK! Have a blessed day dear Debbie! HUGS!

DeeDee said...

Oh My Goodness you have some pretty hearts coming in... I can tell you Mary Ann and I have similar tastes and have never met... mine will be in todays mail....

Lovely work ladies....and hope little one is ok... puppy hugs for him

Jillayne said...

That is a smart dog! I hope everything turns out to be fine with her - I know what it is to worry about an animal, they look up at you and you want only to help them!
The hearts are lovely - all of them, in their colour and detail. You aren't going to wnat to let them go!

Dorthe said...

Hi Deb,
how sweet your little dog is- I hope she is soon well again, dear.
So exiting to see all the hearts coming- many -different-and all lovely.
Hugs,Dorthe

Kim B said...

Some wonderful hearts, I bet it is very exciting getting to see them all. I hope Sophie is ok very soon. Hugs, Kim

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooh - its such fun to see all the hearts and wonder which one will be coming to live with me! I hope Sophie is better and that it wasn't anything serious. She's such a sweetie.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
hope Sophie will be getting well soon!
Oh, I just love all the beautiful hearts!
Lucky you.
Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Marie

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

It must be so much fun seeing all the different hearts as they come to you! They are all so beautiful and different.

I've said a little prayer for your pup. We had to take ours to the vet today too...she is also on an antibiotic, she has some kind of skin thing going on. Don't you wish they could tell us how they felt? The bell is pretty cool...my pup is too old to learn new tricks!

Lynn Richards said...

Debbie,
I'm so excited to send in my heart after seeing these. When I finish it!!! I sent Lauren off yesterday and today I was just exhausted....
Will say a prayer for sweet Sophie!

Robin said...

Hi Deb! These hearts are all so beautiful and your dog is just so darn cute!! Have a wonderful day and thanks for signing up to follow my blog :)

Hugs,
Robin

Gayle said...

Hi Debbie,
All the hearts are beautiful but none more beautiful than yours...beauty through and through inside and outside. Love you and hope Sophie gets well soon. Gayle

sjmcdowell said...

Hey sweetie!!

Just got your message!

I will most definitely
send you the link to the tutorial...when I can locate it again.

Blessings and a Warm Hug!!

Susan
xxoo

~*~Patty S said...

Lynn of Blue Skies sent me :)

and I am so glad I popped by...Hello from another mapgie

what a wonderful gaggle of beautiful hearts...each one so pretty and distinctive...I {heart} hearts very much
oxo

Doris Sturm said...

Did anyone get my name? I sent my heart a long time ago (to UK) but I don't know if it arrived yet either - mine did not!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...