Sunday, January 9, 2011

Simply CQ


You may have guessed by now,
 I love Crazy Quilting
as do many of you. 
I love to look at the
 beautiful antique examples, 
while I marvel at the time
 and effort that went into
producing such masterpieces.
  In a time when
conveniences were few
or  nonexistent,
 those Victorian Ladies
 poured their hearts into
 a showpiece of needlework.
On those quilts,
 dates were recorded,
spiders filled the corners
and floral sprays filled spaces
 on a bed of velvet and silk.
True labors of love.
I am excited to announce
a new blog
where the world of
Crazy Quilting
 is celebrated and embraced.  
This is a blog that a few friends
 and I created
 to share our CQ love. 
 Together we have learned stitches
 and
shared photos of our work. 
 Pam Kellogg
and
 Mary Ann Richardson
  our mentors and guides
have encouraged us.
If you have a love for Crazy Quilting
you may like to check out the Simply CQ blog.

Love to all,
Debbie


8 comments:

Kim B said...

CQ is beautiful. Happy Sunday, Hugs, Kim

Susan deGeneres said...

I've always loved the look of crazy quilting, but have never tried it. The stiches don't scare me, but piecing all those odd shapes together do!

I'm going to check out your new blog, maybe it will help me get over my phobia.

Hugs,
Susan

Susan deGeneres said...

Okay, I just got back from your CQ blog...I guess the stitches do scare me. Just a little bit. LOL!

Susan

P.S. Please forgive the bad grammer in my previous comment... do - does, oh well.

Theresa said...

I am not a quilter but do enjoy looking at your pretty creations! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Mya said...

Do you follow a pattern, or do you start out with a few cut outs and cut others to attach, sort of impromptu?

Lynn Richards said...

Whew, Debbie!! These are absolutely GORgeous. The colors are so vibrant and the stitches-unbelievable.
I was pretty happy to sew a lunch sack into a gift bag this year!!!!!!!
xo
lynn

Lynn Stevens said...

I adore the Crazy quilts, I just wish I knew how to do them, Off to check out the new blog!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

I love the look of the crazy quilts, I think their beautiful... hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Blessings~~~ Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...