Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lots of Catching Up To Do

I love this quote, I read on
“Normal day, let me be
 aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you,
love you, bless you
 before you depart.
Let me not pass you
 by in quest of some
 rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you
while I may,
 for it may not always be so.
One day I shall
 dig my nails into the earth,
 or bury my face in the pillow,
 or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky
 and want, more than all the world,
 your return.”
~Mary Jean Iron 
~~~~~~~~~

As a matter of fact I loved that
quote so much I started following
Mo's Blog that day.

I mentioned the quote to a couple of
people and commented on how
we should be grateful for the
simplest of days.
Those days are our
greatest treasures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
During February quite a bit
went on in my life and on
my blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hosted a heart swap.
I have posted most everyone's
heart except for
mine and 2 others.
Lynn sent this lovely heart,

I had to encourage Lynn to participate
in this swap.  Truth be told
Susan and I had to gang up
on her and send her fabric.
Lynn took our encouragement
(badgering) well and made this
wonderful heart.
~~~~~~~
Jillayne's heart is next,
Jillayne makes the lovliest things
 and her needlework is exquisite.
She truly creates from the heart.
I am always inspired when
I read her blog.
Don't you love the delicate
look of this heart and
all the stitching,
so understated
and beautiful.
Jillayne will be doing
 a tutorial
on a new flower
technique soon,
 so watch her blog.

This is the heart I
created for the swap.
I love the colors in it and had
the most fun stitching it.
I hope my swap partner
liked it as much as
I did hers.
Shirley C was my
swap partner.
How could I not choose
this heart, from the heart.
The yo-yo strip and
tatting were from both
her Grandmothers.
The scraf was her Mother's.
All these family treasures
she used to create this
heart.
I love it and hung it
in my sunroom.
The back of the heart is
beautiful too!
Shirley created this FSL
with her embroidery machine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still on the subject
of hearts, Connie sent me
this heart.
She sent it to me while my DH was
critically ill in the hospital.
He spent the better part of
the month of February
in ICU, on life support.
I kept the heart in my pocket
and thought of
my many blog friends
that were praying for us.
It was during this
frightening time
 that the quote I started
this post with,
rang so true to me.
DH is home and
regaining his strength.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donna hosted a
Mug Mat Swap
during February.
If you read Donna's
blog you know she
is an A+ quilter, so
I knew I wanted to
be part of anything
she had going on.
Nancy was my partner
and this is the mug mat
she sent me.
Along with some
chocolates.....
wonder why there are no
pictures of the chocolates?
Stressful times call
for chocolates!
Stressed spelled
backwards is
Desserts!
Notice the bird fabric she used!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on Sophie,
a picture speaks
a thousand words...
Needless to say,
 she is doing well.
Still eating everything in sight.
Tried to eat my stitching
last night.  We were watching
American Idol and a bad note
(or sharp, as Randy would say)
stirred Sophie up, she chomped
my stitching with 2 needles hanging
from it! I quickly grabbed it
back and all is well....for now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next my butterfly for the

The Holocaust Museum Houston
 is dedicated to
 educating people
 about the Holocaust,
 remembering the
 6 million Jews
 and other innocent victims
 and honoring
 the survivors' legacy.
 Using the lessons
 of the Holocaust
 and other genocides,
 we teach the dangers
 of hatred, prejudice and apathy. 

The butterflies are being created for an exhibit.
The Butterfly Project mandate
 is to remember the 1,500,000
 innocent children
 who perished
 as a result of the Holocaust
 by collecting 1.5 million
 handmade butterflies.

In Spring 2013,
 these butterflies
 will then become
 a break-taking
 exhibition to serve
 as a memory of this event.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now for some 
welcome sights.
Spring is on it's way. 

Thank you dear friends,
for all the support and love
you have shown me this past month.
Your emails and cards have
meant so much to me
 and my family.

To repeat the thought that started
this post.
In my words,
Be thankful for an ordianary day
for there will be days you will
wish were ordinary.

Love to all,
Deb

25 comments:

PeggyR said...

Thanks for catching us up on what has been going on. I hope your DH continues to improve.

Eileen Bergen said...

Praying for many more ordinary days for you and your hubby, Deb. The quote is so true and very touching.

sjmcdowell said...

Dear Debbie,

You and your husband and family have been in my prayers and I thank God that your now. I will pray for a speedy recovery.

The Heart swap you hosted looks wonderful and I love each of them.

A warm hug to you dear Debbie,

Love and Blessings,

Susan

sjmcdowell said...

Lol...Looks like something is missing from my post just now....I meant to say I thank God your hubby is home now!!

Hugs,

Susan

Theresa said...

Oh Debbie, I have missed you! I am happy that your Husband is recovering after such a long month in the hospital! We'll keep praying that he continues to get better each day!

Love all of the beautiful hearts! It is amazing how different they all look! Great swap! Enjoy your evening my friend, nice to see you! HUGS!

A Gypsy Angel/Stamperbee said...

Deb, I am so happy your husband is home, you feel like blogging. I have missed you. I appreciate you hosting such a lovely swap. I love this post and all the catching up and happy to see that Sophie is doing well too. Welcome back to blogland. Big Hugs, Kim

Laurie said...

What a wonderful post Debbie, I'm so happy everything is going better for your husband. And Sophie! The quote is going in my journal, just perfectly beautiful.

Createology said...

Oh my dear you and your family have really been through a lot. Prayers and blessings go forth to help in the speed and complete recovery of your DH. Your CQ heart is truly beautiful. Treasures all to be certain. March promises Spring and birds singing...

DeeDee said...

Such lovely works of art.... Deb so glad Hubby is hoem abd doing better... so fun to see all your fun swaps and the stuff sent and recieved...I loved being involved in your heart fromthe heart swap and made a new friend from it too....thanks for the fun...

Love that butterfly too...beautiful

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Dear Deb so glad to hear things are going better. You have shown some beautiful hearts on your blog today. What a talented creative woman. Blessings.
QMM

ShirleyC said...

I have missed your blog posts so much, but more importantly, I'm so glad your dear husband is doing better. You are so right about the ordinary days. We never know what life will bring from one minute to the next.
I do love my heart. It will always be special to me. I enjoyed the swap, and it was nice getting to meet other bloggers.
Many hugs and prayers to you!

Whytefeather said...

So glad to hear your hubby is home and doing better! That quote is so true, ordinary days are precious.
Sophie is getting so big, what a pretty girl!!
Thank you for sharing what you are doing and catching us up!

BubzRugz said...

Glad hubz is much better.. beautiful hearts... I love the idea of the butterflys in rememberance...
Hugz

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Debbie,
so glad your husband is home and improving!
Love the quote, it is so true.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful hearts and the butterfly with us.Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Whimsey Creations said...

Deb I'm so glad and thankful to hear that your husband is home and recovering. I know that was a scary time for you. You'll both remain in my prayers. Hugs!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Deb!
So happy for you ,that your day is becoming a normally one again.And that you are blogging again, sweet.
Thanks for showing the last hearts , they are all beautifull, and I love the beautifull fabric`s and embroidery yours was made of-also your butterfly is gorgeus, Deb.
I wish you many more normally dayes to come, from my heart.
Hugs,Dorthe

Pam Kellogg said...

Always such beauty here Deb! Peace to you and yours!

hugs!!!

Cathy K said...

What a beautiful heart you created. It obviously came from a beautiful heart, LOL. Glad DH is home and doing well. The ordinary days are glorious, aren’t they? May you both have many, many more of them! Hugs, Cathy

JoAnne said...

Welcome back Deb! I'm thrilled to hear your husband is home.
I posted your OWOH heart on my blog.

Mya said...

During that stressful time I think you managed to stay busier than many of us. I hope your husband continues to regain his strength and that you both can get out and enjoy the beauties and warmth of spring.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Debbie so happy to see you back. continuing to hold you up in prayer (())

Denise said...

Hello,and nice to "meet" you.I'm your new follower because I enjoyed your post so much.It's my first visit with you.Please drop by anytime.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Debbie, My Name is Judy and I live in Michigan. I google Needle tatting in Kentucky and your blog came up. Do you do needle tatting and live in Kentucky??

All the Hearts you have shown are absolutely gorgeous. All of them a work of art. Love your Blog scenes, it is just like mine so we must be kindred spirits. VBG Hugs Judy

Riki Schumacher said...

So great to hear a note of relief in your writing Deb. Glad all is well at the home front, and Sophie is okay too. Whew! And you are soooo busy. Thank you a thousand times for the wonderful heart swap, it was so much fun to take part in. Everyone did such a marvelous job. Sending lots of hugs, Riki

Bead and Needle said...

Continued health to your loved ones...humans and animals alike! The hearts from the swap are beautiful - LOVE yours with the green toile and the delicate ribbon embroidery. I know this will become one of my favorite blogs for inspiration...and thanks for that! Tanya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...