Monday, April 25, 2011

For a Friend

Do you happen to see the tutorial
Pat Winter did on making
a dragonfly?
She used a new product by Kreinik
Since I live in a small town, I had
to make a trip to the big city
to find "Hot Wire", but I am
so glad that I did.
Here is the dragonfly
I created using Pat's
tutorial.
I did not glue the wire to the tulle
 as Pat suggested,
I stitched it down with a
matching Kreinik thread.
color that matched the "Hot Wire".
After stitching completely around the
wings, I added a fine line of
"Fray Check" .  After allowing
the "Fray Check" to thoroughly
dry, I CAREFULLY trimmed
the edges.  You don't want
to ruin all your hard work
up to this point.
I then attached the wings to
my intended project and added
beads for the head and body.

After, I attached the dragonfly to
my heart, I attached a backing
and lightly stuffed the heart.
(The heart is created
from a 100% wool sweater
that I felted, I love stitching
on a wool base.)
I also created this small
Prayer Book.
I am sending these off to a friend.

When I did my heart swap she
did not participate, but gave me
lots of encouragement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I was taking the above photos
Sophie followed me around.
Sophie is now 9 months old
and weighs about 90 lbs.
I do most of my photos in front
of this window because of the
great light that comes in.
Sophie was right up in the
middle of all the action.
Sophie approves of this post.

Love to all,
Deb

21 comments:

Nancy said...

Deb, That is a very beautiful heart, and I love the dragonfly. Great work.

PeggyR said...

I love the dragonfly and your friend will like it as well. I'm in a dragonfly doll swap and better get busy with it. We are still getting rain here and it's very depressing.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
I just had to have a closer lock at your beautiful,beautiful heart with the dragonfly!
WOW,I'm sure your friend will love it.The Prayer Book is beautiful too.Sophie got so big.
Does she get bigger than this?
Have a wonderful day my friend.
Hugs,
Marie

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Debbie, Your sparkling dragonfly is very beautiful. Hugs Judy

ShirleyC said...

That is some awesome work! Thanks for sharing. Sophie is beautiful!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous creations! Love the colors and the detail! I usually stitch when possible too:) Sophie is precious! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Dorthe said...

Dear Debbie-
How beautiful it is, your dragonfly-and such real colors-- I love it sitting on your wonderful heart-and the book is very lovely,too.
I guess Sophie likes to be the center person :)
Hugs,Dorthe

Ruby said...

Great work! Love the heart and prayer book!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Oh, how beautiful, I love dragonflies and attached to your heart it is just gorgeous. The colors are perfect. I'm sure your friend will love it.

Your blog looks very pretty today!

Holly Loves Art said...

What a lovely post and project! Thank you for sharing. :) Sophie is adorable too.
Cheers,
Holly

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great heart Deb! You did a great job on the dragonfly too. Gotta love Sophie!!!

Kim B said...

Thats a great dragonfly! It turned out very pretty. I am sure your friend will love it. I like the blog new look too. I always like black and white. Sophie looks great! Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Kim

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Beautiful for sure Debbie. How lucky your friend is. I had not heard about that. I have all kinds of colored wire, tiny wine, I use sometime. I am going to take a closer look at that. Hope everyone is well. Blessings
QMM

Jillayne said...

Beautiful Deb - love your dragonfly! It looks wonderful and sounds easy enough - I'll definitely check it out.
You have made a wonderful gift for your friend and I bet she'll love it!

lifemyway said...

What a beautiful dragonfly! I love the idea of the prayer book also. How thoughtful.

Elmbrook Folk Art said...

Hi Deb!

Pretty, pretty, pretty...
my thoughts seeing your wonderful items...
and my Golden Retriever's thoughts seeing your pretty Sophie... I could see it in his big brown eyes.

Happy Spring,
Beth

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Love your dragon fly and your sweet prayer book, your so talented... I know your friend will love them... Oh, Sophie is so beautiful.... love your new blog look too. I wanted to thank you for stopping by today and for letting me know what was going on when you left your comment, that's the same thing my friend said it was doing when she left a comment, she's going to help me with it this weekend! I not very computer savy!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Deb:
I'm with Sophie. Well done, my friend! It's beautiful.
xoxo
Donna

pchickki said...

Beautiful Dragonfly. Is this the same Pat Winter that started the Comfort Doll Project. I did not know she made things like this. I will go check out her blog.
Your Sophie is adorable !!

DeeDee said...

Wow..Sophie is getting so big..she is beautiful

As is this little dragon fly.... I need to find me some of that stuff...yours is so pretty... love the little heart pillow and prayer book also....your friend will just love this gift....:D

The Altered Paper said...

Wow! Turned out Beautiful! Very Creative Deb! Hugs Tee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...