Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Should I Leave A Comment?

I remember back to when I discovered blogs.
I had a whole list of favorites bookmarked
on my computer.  I visited every once
and awhile just to see what was new.
There is nothing like getting inspired
by others and seeing what they have created.
I did not ever leave a comment,
why would they care what I had to say?
I think one of the first times I left
a comment on a blog was for a giveaway.
The more I read blogs, the more I wanted
 to write one too.
I was so ignorant on the whole process
but somehow I muddled through and
wrote my first post.
I waited to see if anyone would read
my post.
Would they leave a comment?
Would they follow me?
I remember announcing each
new follower and new comment
 to my family.

Someone would leave me a
comment and I would respond.
I would visit their blog and
leave comments for them.
Soon we were commenting
back and forth as well
as getting to know each other.
Having a  blog conversation,
so to speak.
I think the comments, the
interaction with others,
is one of the main reasons
I blog.

Do I comment everytime
someone posts?
No, sometimes I read what they
say and really have nothing to add
to the conversation.
If I read a post and really like
something they have said
or created, I do leave a
comment.
Recently I left a comment
on something I liked and
guess what?
They sent it to me!

Mary Ann was getting
rid of some great
ephemra.
I left her a comment,
she sent it to me!

Marie had made this
brooch.
I left a comment on how much
I liked it.
She sent it to me!
Wrapped up in this cute
little bag.
When I look around
my house, I have reminders
 everywhere of my blogging friends.
(Hearts, Art Supplies,
Knitting Needles, Journals,
Fabrics, Ephemra....etc.)
Reminders of friends.
Friends that pray for you.
Friends you pray for.
Friends that share a common interest.
Friends that love their dogs.
Friends that share their knowledge.

Friends I would have never made,
if I had not left a comment on their blog.

Love to all,
Deb

24 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Oh Debbie how nice. I remember when I first started to blog and maybe would have one and when I had 2 one day I was so excited. What an important part of my life it is now. I am not lonely or alone. I just love communication and learning new things. Woo Hoo for bloggers.
QMM

Judy said...

You are so right about comments. They are feedback for people on their work.
I always feel "chuffed" when folks add a comment.I too have made pals through blogging.
It's amazing really that we have this means of learning about what work is out there. I love blogging too!!

ShirleyC said...

I can see why they would send you things - because you always have such sweet comments! Yay for you!

BubzRugz said...

I totally agree... I love commenting and receiving comments... and feel I have some special friends through our blogs....so much inspiration and love from all over the world... very special...
Hugz

Lynn Richards said...

Debbie, so true, so true!!! I love my blogging family and learning new things. And all around my house are reminders of my friends. What a great post.
xo
lynn

Theresa said...

Blogging has given me SOOOOO many friends that I would NOT have had! AND they aren't just blog friends, they are friends that I honestly believe would come to my aid, have prayed for me and my family and are lifelong friends! Isn't it amazing how we all come together, make a connection and become such great friends!

Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Kim B said...

You are a sweetie and I am so happy you and I met. Wonderful items but not nearly as precious as the friendships we form. Hugs, Kim

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, the blogging world has totally be inspiring to me, so many wonderful friends! I love leaving comments and that starts the trail of a blessed friendship!

Nancy

Janet said...

This is a very sweet post. It is so lovely of you to publicly celebrate ones who were nice to you just because.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I remember too how excited I was when I got my first comment on my blog. Like you, I don't always leave a comment every time, but I do try to say hi and let people know I do read regularly. The friendships I've made are totally wonderful and I know that now I'd be so lost without my blog and being able to read those I enjoy.

Plays with Needles said...

I just wanted you to know I was here and that I appreciate you. This was a sweet post and I think you are also a very lucky person!

Xo Susan

Robin said...

What a great post Debbie! So many wonderful bloggers out there.

Hugs,
Robin

peggy aplSEEDS said...

great post! oh yes, we should leave comments if we are to enjoy our blogging journey! i love comments even if it is just a "hi"! it's always nice to know someone dropped by.
thanks for sharing! a blessed Easter season!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
wonderful post my friend!!!Mmmh, I try to leave comments but sometimes blogger has his moments and you can't comment.So I go back and try again.
And sometimes I forget!! Blogging friends are the best. Enjoy the brooch.
Have a great day.
Hugs,
Marie

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb- startet like that for me,too--uhh almost scared to comment- ....but oh my goodnes- it brought me here- :) and so many other wonderful places- and I`m so very grateful, for the beauty of friendships, and every other kind of beauty, this blogworld is giving me.
Hugs,Dorthe

lifemyway said...

Deb,

This post was wondefully sweet. Blogging is indeed a great way to stay in touch with stitching friends.

Whimsey Creations said...

Isn't blogging fun and wonderful. I've been neglecting mine of late because of all the extra hours I've been working but hopefully this project will wind down in a few weeks and I'll have some time to go blog visiting. Hugs to you!

Sherry Edwards said...

What an interesting post. I follow so many blogs now I don't get the chance really to visit each and every one, but your post did catch my eye this time - and after what you'd written, I thought I'd leave you a comment too!
What wonderful things you received, bloggers really are the best!

Brinda said...

What a great post Deb. I have found that people's comments on my blog really encourage me and spur me on. I am also amazed at how much time people give to make really helpful and useful comments. There is so much generosity out there!

ramsam said...

Ahhh! I can relate~! Blog friends are so generous, and I think half of the fun is knowing you are sending a little something to someone who will appreciate it.
It's like blog kharma....then you get somethig great later. I love it!
Happy Spring! (and those gifts were all so lovely!)

Linda said...

Great post! And soooo true! I have so many blog friends that I met simply by leaving comments. Comments are soooo important to leave on blogs. Thanks for commenting on mine! Glad to find you!

Francien said...

Oh Deb you speak right from my heart...although i have never met a bloggingfriend...i know that i can always count on their comments and emails ..love that..it makes me go on creating something new..and although one cannot love everything the otherone makes and i cannot always find the right English words...a kind reaction is always welcome...it may sounds funny...but blogging helped me true some difficult times...to know that somebody on the other side of the world.. from any country or even very close to home takes the time to say a few lovely words...that really makes my day every time again....greetings Francien.

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Debbie, I love your blog and yes I visit about twenty blogs per day always leave comments.
Thanks for sharing.

Cathy K said...

What a great post! I know that we bloggers love to hear from each other, and many of us love to chime in to a discussion or just say “Hello, I am thinking of you”. Thank you for putting into words what many of us feel! You rock, Dear One! Hugs, Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...