Sunday, May 22, 2011

Get More Fiber!

The doctors say get more fiber.
I am not sure this is what they mean,
but it sounds good to me!
was held this weekend.
Colorful Bamboo Fiber,
Yummy Yarns,
Felted Fantasies,
Scrumptious Skeins,
And Loveable Lambs.

There were lots of vendors some were doing
demonstrations.
This is Carol Cacchione, she was spinning a beautiful
alpaca yarn.  I hope she will soon be my
new friend...she was having a raffle for
the spinning wheel, along with lessons!
Oh, I hope I win!!!
Carol has a website (under construction)
and can be found at
Buzzard Hill Alpacas
Crestwood, Kentucky
She also sells Louet Spinning Wheels.


That is my sweet SIL on the left, Lynne.
Lynne raises sheep, Green Lambs is
her website.  Green is her last name, and
she is interested  in an organic,
  way of raising her lambs.
 was a natural choice of names!
Lynne has recently begun to dye,
spin and sell fleece from her sheep.

Which brings me to the next vendor.
Those are the 2 Nancys.
The Woolery has a brick and
mortar store in Frankfort, KY
and a fabulous webstore.
Lynne and I went to the storefront
last week.  The 2 Nancys greeted us
with a wealth of information and
lots of patience.  Lynne was able
find some natural dyes, that Nancy
explained in great detail.
The process sounded so fun and easy
I bought some myself!
Nancy then gave us a tour of all
the wonderful spinning wheels
she sells.

Yes, that is when the
"I want to SPIN!" bug bit me.
There is something so Zen like
and relaxing when you watch some
one spin yarn.
I noticed it at the fiber fair.
90 degree heat and women
spinning away with a tranquil
peaceful aura surrounding them.


I met another Kentucky vendor
Lindy Huber.  Lindy has a blog
and a .com.  It is always great to meet
another bloggerette! 
What a great name
  "Seldom Scene Farm".

This is another Kentucky vendor,
Mav'e makes lovely hand hooked rugs.
"I like knowing that the wool fabric
I've found at the local thrift store
will be repurposed into something
beautiful."

That is a kindred spirit,
 I found there!
A girl after my own heart.

I did not know that getting
more fiber could be so much fun!

19 comments:

Kim B said...

Looks like a wonderful time!
Spinning, now I know I dont have enough patience for that. I am so glad to see you posting and what a wonderful post. I hope you are doing well and have a happy week. Hugs, Kim

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Sounds like you had a great adventure and are now inspired to try something new. You never know what direction to Lord is going to lead you next, but all you have to do is follow along. Good luck with the drawing! What a great prize. Take care, Connie

Carol said...

Debbie - thanks so much for including me in your blog today! I know you'll achieve your "zen moment" with spinning someday soon, and I would love to help you learn the basics!
Best, Carol

Loco Lindy said...

Deb, it was really nice meeting you! Thanks for including me in your blog, I look forward to reading more!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Now THAT'S the kind of fiber I like best!!

rubyslipperz said...

Oh!! I LUV this kind of fiber...it's a "candy" store of fibers...just look at all the colors and touch-ee feel-ee stuff!

hugZ,
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Deb, how fun is that? Got your fiber and had a ball at eh same time! Love the idea of spinning. Riki

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Deb, how fun is that? Got your fiber and had a ball at eh same time! Love the idea of spinning. Riki

Whytefeather said...

What a wonderful trip! I've wanted to get a spinning wheel and learn for ages, maybe one of these days! LOL! I have done drop spindle until it messed with my neck and shoulders too much and loved it as well.
Wishing you good luck to win! Thanks for sharing your trip out to the fiber festival! Hugs!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Yummy fibers and I love the colors.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Marie

Theresa said...

What a fun time and lots of friends to meet! Hope you win the spinning wheel, I can hear your excitement about it in your post!

Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Deb-
Love your fibers,too :)
Such wonderful photoes showing all the great things, to see ,there-and I truly think,that those kind of fibers are as importent as the other ones!
Warm hug-Dorthe

Createology said...

Great way to spend the day and to meet some fellow creative artists. Happy week to you...

DeeDee said...

what a very fun day... my freind is a spinner... it does look so relaxing and green... would be such fun to learn. I wanna know how to do them felted rugs... her like goes to email thou... :(

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh my gosh what a fun time that must have been!!! I would love to learn how to spin and dye wool. Of course, raising sheep sounds fun too!
xx, shell

Plays with Needles said...

Looks like a great time Deb! I didn't realize you were in Kentucky...Did you know the Japanese Embroidery World Exhibition is being held at the University of Kentucky in Louisville until July sometime? Not sure if that's your cup of tea but just in case.... you might want to check it out!

Jillayne said...

You're too funny - but I like your way of getting fiber the best! The pictures are wonderful, as are the threads and yarns in them - makes my fingers itch for a needle.
And, love the new look for your blog - very classy!

vicki said...

Oh oh oh - tell me all about it! I would have been there if not for our travels to Canada! Was it great? Next year I will see you there!
Vicki

Lorraine @ creativedaily said...

Look at those wonderful skeins! Be still my heart....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...