Monday, May 30, 2011

Meeting Kim

(Kim on left)
My family traveled to Alabama
this Memorial Day weekend.
While I was there, I was able to
work out a way of meeting Kim.
I looked back through my comments
and found the first comment
Kim left for me.
"I just found your blog.
Your bottles are so neat,
so my style of things.
I love the battle of the snake story."
 
Kim was a great encourager to me, last fall,
with my Thyroid Cancer.
When I faced a week of isolation,
being separated from my family,
Kim sent me a package full of
goodies to take with me.
I opened the package,
while feeling sorry for myself.
Quickly those thoughts vanished
and the crafting, creating
mode kicked in.
 
Kim and I share many
interests,  we have been
involved in the creation of a
 
Just think, if Kim had not left that first
comment.   I would have never
known the joy of having
her for a friend.
It was great meeting you
in person and
I hope we will see each other
again very soon!
 
Love to all,
Deb

14 comments:

sissie said...

How wonderful that you had met a special friend in person. She sounds like a lovely person.

Isn't blogging wonderful!

hugs
Sissie

Barbara said...

Isn't it just terrific meeting someone in person that you've been talking to online? Especially when you have so much in common!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb-how wonderful for you, to actually meet your sweet friend for real, -it must be such a great experience, to meet in person, I would love to do that with many blogging friends, too.
Seems a bit difficult living so far away, like I do, from all of you.
Love and hugs,Dorthe

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
that is just wonderful to meet up
with friends; person to person!!I bet you had a lot to talk about!
Hope this comment goes through:)
Hugs,
Marie

BubzRugz said...

How fantastic to meet up with a blog friend..... what fun...
Hugz

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

That is terrific that you two finally got to meet face-to-face! It is nice also to see the photo of the two of you together. Take care, Connie

Createology said...

This is the true joy of blogging...finding like minded souls and bonding with common interests. How wonderful that you got to meet in person and spend some time together. Joyful week ahead...

Kim B said...

Oh that is so sweet!! I could have spent days talking and crafting with you! I thought we said no picture posting. You are just one of the sweetest people in the world!!! BIG HUGS my friend, Kim

ShirleyC said...

That's so sweet. I hope you're doing good.

Theresa said...

Oh how fun! I have only met a couple of my sweet Blog friends but it was wonderful to get a REAL hug!

Love the picture of you two! Sweet, happy smiles!

Happy day! HUGS!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Stopping in to check on you ... what a sweet story ! Isn't it good to meet our blog friends?
(())

Lynn Richards said...

I love bog land just for this very reason. What a sweetie she is and I'm so glad you got to meet in person!
xo
lynn

DeeDee said...

How wonderful is that,.... you both look like you have known each other for years... comfortable..

thanks for sharing the picture

vicki said...

Deb - it is always so nice to meet a blogging friend - and I hope to meet you someday! You look beautiful in that photo ~~

Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...