Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Return of Jenni


The adventure began last fall
with a goat to go traveling call.

To begin the trip
make a goat with no rip.

My goat left that day.
I sent it to play.

In Texas and Austrailia
I thought.

For such a very long time
I heard not a whine

My goat,
must be lost on a boat.

Dee Dee had stitched,
we wondered, had it been pitched?

Then working on a clue,
DeeDee planned a rescue!

She contacted the other planned stitchers.
 And said, if you ain't gonna stitch,


send the goat back to me.
I will finish up Jenni!

That is just what she did,
I guess the others just hid.

Now  Jenni is complete
with a crown and  pink teat.

She's the cover of a book.
Here take a look!

If you are wondering why,
this poem, I gave a try.

Inside was a gift
to give me a lift.

A poem written by Gayle,
to long tell the tale.
Of  a trip not to be,
as once thought by me.

And now Jenni is home
again never to roam,

Unless it's,
Dee Dee she wants to visit!

I am thankful for friend
who stuck with it, til the end.


Thank You Dee Dee!
Thank you Gayle for the poem!

Love to all,
Deb




15 comments:

BubzRugz said...

So great Jenni got back home... I love what DeeDee managed to get done.....
Hugz

ramsam said...

How cute! You're such the poet!

Kim B said...

Very cute and what a great poem. Hugs, Kim

Whytefeather said...

So glad Jenni made it back home to you, how wonderful of Dee Dee to go above and beyond.
I'll play nice and stop there :)
Hugs!

DeeDee said...

Ah you found the fun poem....that was my surprise... I had so much fun completing this for you... Jenni is a special girl. I am so very glad you liked her new home..

I am glad this swap is done.... all the goats back home finished or not except for one... moving on to other fun adventures in swapping...

Happy Journaling Deb

Janet said...

How wonderful that Jenni made it home. And isn't she cute!

Plays with Needles said...

This is really cute Deb! What a great idea...I love the signs from around the world that are crossed out...really really fun...Glad Jenni finally made it back home...

Theresa said...

SWEET Jenni returning home:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh my gosh is this ever cute and fun! Love it!
xx, shell

CharmN Jewelry said...

Buttons can make seriously good designs and decorative items.Love the creative pursuits that you have displayed here.Anniversary gift ideas

MosaicMagpie said...

DeeDee has done a post on this journal as well.
http://deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com/2011/05/sisterhood-of-traveling-goat.html
Deb

The French Bear said...

Oh how I love this!!!! You are quite the poet too!!!!
Such lovely stitching!
Hugs,
Margaret B

vicki said...

How cute is that little goat- what a great story! Love the little poems- you are quite the poet!
Vicki

Fun With This and That said...

That is a great book cover .Glad the goats got home it was fun. Have heard of any more swaps? Laura

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh,Deb I remember when you posted about sending her on the way!!
She has gone a long way and I love how she turned out. Beautiful!!
Hugs,
Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...