Sunday, June 12, 2011

Margreet's Block

Margreet's lovely block arrived!
Since I am new to the
I was looking forward
to this moment.
The first thing I did
was grab a note book
and my magnifying
stitching glasses.
I studied the block and
took 4 pages of notes.
Yes, I want to learn
and this is an excellent
example.
 I will share some of
the things on which
I took notes.
Margreet used all silk or satin
fabric.  She hand pieced the
block.  A variety of stitches
as well as threads were used.
Several of the combination
stitches were worked using
variegated heavier thread and secondary
stitches were worked with
a fine metalic thread.

Thank you, Margreet!

My block went to DeeDee ,
I do hope she likes it!

Love to all,
Deb

13 comments:

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb,
your blog from Margreet looks wonderful, so beautifully made, and lots of fantastic stitching-
Hugs,Dorthe

PeggyR said...

She does lovely work. I have a birthday postcard from her.

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh my! That is beautiful!
xx, shell

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Deb,
Margreet's blog is beautiful! Love the colors and stitches.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Marie

DeeDee said...

You did get a great example to learn from I hope you share your knowledge for us newbies too...(wink)

And I do so love your block, have shown to all my freinds around the block...I loved adding it and your friendship to my collection... :D

Kim B said...

Beautiful block and thanks for the notes. I need to put down the paper and try some CQ. We went out of town, just got back. I am sure your partner will love the block you did. Hope all is well there. Hugs, Kim

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Beautiful block Deb!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

goodness, I am in awe ... (())

Susan said...

That is beautiful, awesome work.

Kim Dellow said...

What a lovely piece to get in a swap. Beautiful. Kim

dianehobbit said...

Really wonderful crazy patchwork, her work is on another level. Lucky you to have sent it.

vicki said...

Deb - this is beautiful. I would love to do crazy quilting - if only I had the time~~ sigh~~~

Your work is amazing - the person whe receives your block is going to be thrilled!

Vicki

Sherry said...

The crazy quilt block is beautiful. It would be so sun to join in on something like that but I know I don't have the time. I am going to visit DeeDee and see the block you made.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...