Thursday, June 23, 2011

Target's Lack of Customer Service- Update

After a recent purchase at Target, I was sadly disappointed in the
"Customer Service".  I realize times are hard for retailers, but in this
instance I can only say shame on them. 
 No wait, I have a blog
 and I can say much more than shame on them. 
I can let you read the actual letter
of complaint I sent to them. 


This was an online order due to the fact it is not sold in stores. Since this is a carpet cleaning machine it is not something that is used on a daily basis. I used the cleaner for the second (2) time about a week ago. At that time the bracket that held the water tank in place broke. I tried contacting your customer service phone number numerous times and was kept on hold for more than an hour with no one answering. I contacted Hoover (the floor cleaner manufacturer)they instructed me to take the cleaner to a local repair center. I took the cleaner and was informed I would have to pay 35$ to send the cleaner for repair. I then decided to try to contact you (Target. com) to return the product. Again no answer at your "Customer Service" phone number. After several days of no answer and listening to Target theme song music on hold I decided to return the item to the store. I made a 20 mile trip to a Target store to see if I could get some help. I explained my situation and we tried to pull my receipt on the store kiosk. The store clerk then called to get a return "approval code". The clerk called your phone line and got an immediate answer. Jackie (the clerk) explained this was a different phone line than the customers called and she could get someone to answer. Yes they answered but then after telling them the order # and receipt #, we were put on hold. I said now you will see how I had to wait. As customers gathered behind me I offered to hold the phone and Jackie could take care of those that waited. I was on hold, standing in your store at the "Customer Service" desk for 90 minutes. That's right one hour and 30 minutes. Jackie said she was sorry for my wait and surely someone would answer soon. Jackie then took a break as I stood holding the phone waiting for an answer. After holding on the phone for that amount of time. I was told by someone "That there was nothing that could be done this was past the 90 days. I explained how I could not get through to the customer care center by phone and had to make a trip to the store. I was not wanting to return the item, just because I did not like it I was attempting to return it due to the fact it was broken after the 2nd time I had used it. Again I was told sorry nothing we can do. Customer service....I think not. If this product had been abused or I had attempted to return it after the 1 year warranty was expired I could accept the answer I was given. But for a product to break on the 2nd use and for the 90 days to have expired by a few days and given that answer was not customer service. To be kept waiting a customer service desk for a hour and a half (90 minutes) on hold on the telephone is absolutely ridiculous. I am certain I will hear nothing from this complaint and if I do it will be the customary "Sorry there is nothing we can do." answer. It is good to know how stores handle complaints and it is great when they actually try to help you have a good shopping experience. It is also good to know when the opposite happens.
I feel much better now!

Love to all,
(except Target)
Deb

Update to post.  Shortly after this post was published.  I was contacted by Target.  Over the course of several emails, Target had UPS come to my home and pick up the floor cleaner.  After receiving the floor cleaner they sent me a gift card refund.  Thank you, Target!
Who says Mommy bloggers have no power?!?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...