Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Block Complete, Ready To Swap


After receiving a few suggestions
on ways to improve my block.
I have made the following additions.
Gerry thought the butterfly looked
lonely, so I added a couple of friends
a dragonfly,
and a beetle.
 
 Gerry also thought the stitches below
the butterfly should be extended
up to the crocheted doily.  Thank
you Gerry, I learn so much from
both your blogs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

(We will pause now for
a brief message.)
 If you are new to Crazy Quilting
or just want to learn some
new things, check out
Gerry's "block talk".
She takes a crazy quilt
block and gives examples
of how the block could
be improved, as well
 as pointing out the positives.
In her examples she does
a little editing magic,
that actually shows what
the block would look
like, with the changes made.
This has allowed me to
"see" through her eyes and
actually understand  what
she is explaining! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to the block,
The small yellow stitches
below the basque stitch were
bothering me. 
Donna took time from her
camping trip to help me come
up with a solution.  After
removing the stitches,
I decided it looked better
and left well enough alone.
(I know this fact will surprise
some of my friends, I am always
a more is better girl!)
 After stitching the additions
the block spent the night pinned
to my ironing board for blocking.

Here is the completed block!
It is now ready for the
Swap 3.

Thank you for all the suggestions and
comments.  Especially, Maureen she is an
 ever present encourager, a wealth
of knowledge and I am blessed
to have a friendship with her.


Love to all,
Deb

11 comments:

Jillayne said...

It's beautiful Deb! The changes are just right and the whole effect is charming - well done!

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb-
your stitching is so beautiful, and the end result looks so pretty.
You made a wonderful blog.
xo,Dorthe

T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely, incredibly beautiful! I attended a fiber art meeting for crazy quilting but my sewing skills are iffy. We were given a whole booklet of stitches that we could try out but it is so much more fun to do that in a group where you can actually ask questions and get direction rather than plugging away at home alone, so I never even finished the block I started. Maybe one day I'll give it a go again. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Createology said...

Your CQ square is absolutely breathtaking. Each stitch is just perfection and the total result is amazing. The soft dreamy colors really add a vintage heirloom look and feel to your square. Yes, I am turning green with envy...I truly admire your work.

Kim B said...

Just beautiful!!! Oh I have to keep trying to do this. I love CQ. You are doing such wonderful work, so inspiring. Hugs, Kim

Theresa said...

Wonderfully beautiful! I love it! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

Rebecca said...

You are killing me here my friend. You are just sooo incredibly gifted. Beautiful work. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

xoRebecca

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Stunning Deb! Absolutely stunning!
I love the dragonfly and beetle!
xx, shell

Fursdon House said...

Oh Deb! I'm literally stunned! This is such FABULOUS work! Never stop Deb; you've found your calling. From now on, whenever I'm at a creative wall, I'm just going to hop on over to your blog. Problem then solved! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing yourself and your beauty! Love and Blessings, Jan

Cynthia Eloise said...

beautiful, i love it. it has a very victorian look to it.

marie said...

Thanks for the "block talk" link. I would love to try crazy quilting...this might be just the encouragement I need. Your block is beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...