Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Will Your Word Be?

Jillayne and Laurie have each mentioned
the same topic on recent blog posts.
"Find a word that inspires you."
A word that for the next year, can
bring to mind a dream, a hope or
a goal.
Coming up with a word sounds easy
.........at first. 
Suztats left Jillayne a comment that
said her word would be "Industrious".
Wow, what a word, but that word would
never work for me.  I am just too lazy for
such a word.
"Believe", has long been a favorite word
of mine.  But, using that word would
 be a bit of a cop out.
I need a new word, a word that speaks
to my soul.  A word I can live up to.
So, for the next few days I will be thinking.
Thinking of a word that I can pin to my
inspiration board.  A word that can be
taped to my bathroom mirror, so I will
see it every morning.
Maybe, a word that can have a different
adjective added to it each month. Jillayne
has a friend that chose "Gratitude" for her
word and will add an adjective to her word
 each month such as "Joyful Gratitude".
 I think this is a great idea, as it gives
 new meaning to your word and allows
 you to thoroughly explore your word.
Give it some thought and try to come
up with a word that can be yours
for the next year. I will
announce mine on
New Years Day.
What will your word be?

Love to all,
Deb


15 comments:

Carol said...

EVERYBODY is posting a word. I have my word and will post soon.

People are wracking their brain for a word. I had no problem. It seems that you are searching your brain and should be listening to your heart. Its kinda like a new year resolution, isn't it.

You know, like the 4o is the new 50 phrase. Inspirational word is the new New Years Resolution ~lol~

Keep thinking.
xx, Carol

Just the Two of US said...

Words are strong inspiration! Pick a good one!

Laurie said...

It wasn't easy picking one word for me either, so the one I picked encompasses many. You'll get your word, and I'm excited to see what you've come up with!

ShirleyC said...

Interesting! However, by New Year's Day I will probably have forgotten about it.
I do need a word - really! LOL

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

I think that my word will be LIVE. Hopeful 2012 will lived to the full with lots if adjectives to be added.

Yvonne said...

I've already decided awhile back that my word for 2012 will be ORDER. It's one of Ben Franklins 13 virtues and I need it in my life right now.

Suztats said...

You know my word........it's because I've taken the TAST 2012 and CQJP 2012 challenge, along with signing up with the Tuesday Stitchers, and some courses. I want to accomplish my goals this year, so I shall have to be industrious to meet them.
I wonder what your word will be? I'll be checking back to see.......
You lazy? I don't buy that. lol

Laurie said...

I didn't know about this posting a word thing, but it sounds like a great idea! I will have to think up one for myself!

Jillayne said...

My first word will be "Hush" - for so many reasons! I need things to be quiet for a bit so I can let the good thoughts in... we'll see.
Your word will come to you, and you'll know it when you think it!

Createology said...

I have chosen a word for the past two years and it has worked well for me. I will be selecting my word for 2012 very soon. Words are very powerful and I believe in them. Champagne Hugs...

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

For me, Courage............to step out and to do what I have always dreamed about doing.........not being afraid of failure or what others migh think. Loved this post! Have a wonderful New Year ahead! blessings,Kathleen

marie said...

I've chosen a word to focus on the past two years and plan to for 2012as well. So far my words have been rest and simplify. I've liked having a bit of a focus. The idea of being able to add a different adjective is a neat one.

Gaby Bee said...

Best wishes for a super 2012 - with lots of creativity, good health and joy!

Gaby

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really had no plans to take part in the 'word' focus, but when I read this post 'completion' popped into my head. I guess maybe I will have a 'word' after all!!

vicki said...

Your word should be compassionate-- because you are!! Love you!
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...