Sunday, January 1, 2012

Inspire

My word for 2012.

I had a time coming up
with "my" word.
Believe, has long been
my favorite word, but
I needed a new word.
So, I put on my thinking
cap, it had grown a little
snug, since I don't use it often.
Words kept coming to
mind, but somehow they
just did not fit.


In my kitchen I have a desk.
A desk where I keep a few
special things.  The altered
bottle I used as my header,
when I first started blogging.

A bird nest, my youngest
 daughter, headed off for college
this year. 
We had an "Empty Nest" party
before she left.

I have some roses from the yard,
 a heart shaped stone I found.

 There are plants I have
started from small leaves.

A book, I once
found at a yard sale.
All things special only to me.
Just a desk, where I sit and
pay the bills, address a package
to a friend, or just sit and
daydream.
Yesterday,
 I was sitting there,
 I looked up,
and  there was my word!
It was right in front of me,
all this time. 

I had created
this vintage plate window
to sell. When I am in the
middle of churning out
my products, I will often
hang them in the window.
I liked how it looked
hanging there,
so, I kept it.  I don't do
that very often.

Maybe, my muse,
whispered into my ear,
"Keep the plate,
one day it will
inspire you"!

I am glad I listened.

My word for 2012

Love to all,
Deb








19 comments:

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

A beautiful word that will carry you well through 2012.

vicki said...

Inspire is THE most perfect word for you and this is a truly beautiful post. What a wonderful way to start out the new year. I'm looking forward to all the creative ways that you will "inspire" us with in the weeks to come.
Love you-
Vicki

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Wonderful post, and what a great word for the new year.
Happy New Year!!!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Laurie said...

It truly fits you, Deb! And to think it was in front of you all the time. I love your desk, what a special spot to call your own. I look forward to your inspiration is this new year!

ShirleyC said...

Perfect word for you! You already inspire me. Love your desk/thinking area too!
I found my word!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would say that Inspire is a perfect word for you - what could be better than to have it right above your desk where you can see it every day and be reminded. Perfect!

Jillayne said...

And you knew it when you saw it!
Happy New Year Deb, and may Inspire take you to great and wonderful places full of magical thoughts and things...great choice!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful post,Deb and inspire is a great word.Looking forward to see what you inspire us in 2012 with. Happy 2012.
Hugs,
Marie

Judy said...

I enjoyed your post.Lovely to have a place for all those treasures, and your word is perfect!!
Hope you are inspired this year.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Happy New Year, Debbie -
You always inspire, and I'm pleased to say you're one of my long-distance friends. Perhaps some day soon, we'll be able to share a "cuppa" together!
Only the best to you and yours in 2012.
xoxo
Donna

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Deb. Lovely post and beautiful photos. I really like your window plate--good inspiration! Looking forward to following your projects in the new year!
best, nadia

marie said...

Inspire is obviously the perfect word for you! I hope that 2012 is full of inspiration for you and I know that your blog will be fullof inspiration for others!

Happy New Year Deb!

pchickki said...

Beautiful and inspiring !!
Hugs

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Right on............such a wonderful word! Blessings,Kathleen

Kim B said...

Just beautiful!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and Have a fantastic New Year. Keep in Touch! Hugs, Kim

Southwest Arkie said...

I think that is a wonderful word for 2012- and the plate is just gorgeous hanging in your window where you can see it every day.

karen said...

I love your desk and I love your word!!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

What lovely photos and a delightful post to read. Have a wonderfully inspirational year :)

DeeDee said...

Perfect fit... and I love your little dessk and all its treasures..and this plate sun catcher too.. hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...