Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Of The Airport Quilt

A few more crazy quilt photos.
Loading these photos is going
so slow.  1 hour for these 5!
Tomorrow will be last of the photos
and in my opinion the
best examples.


(At first glance I thought this was
a coffin, but I believe it is a bassinet.)

Notice the hot pink and green combination
and we think this is a new color combo.

I hope you enjoy seeing them
and maybe, learned something new.
One thing I have learned is:
As seen in the photo above
this stitching is not perfect.
It is even what I would consider
messy in some places. 
We often will give up on a project
because of stitching like this.
"It is not perfect, I will work
on something else."
Even though the stitching is not
perfect, when viewed as a whole,
this quilt is stunning! 
 It is out
for public display,
 so attractive
I took photos of it.
Enjoy your stitching,
express yourself
without
worrying about perfection.
It is in those simple stitches
that you
 may someday be
an  inspiration to others.
See you tomorrow with
the last of these photos.

Love to all,
Deb

15 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm one of those who worry about "perfect" stitching. I've enjoyed see4ing these pics Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Amazing what just shows up when we are least expecting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Deb, This CQ is truly beautiful. Loved seeing all the detail. The stitching like you said, is wonderful done. A great find at the airport. I wonder where it came from. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought your bassinet was a cradle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so interesting to see all the stitching close up on this lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! My head is spinning and my heart is beating fast. Maybe the airport has a ladder you could borrow ;-) I keep going back over all the photos. What airport is this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful:) Love seeing it grow! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! and wouldn't you love to hear the stories behind those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you're right about the coffin actually being a bassinet . . . or at least i want to think you're right . . . you never know when it comes to a crazy quilt what might be worked in. they are truly stitched stories sometimes.
    and the classic spider in her web. gotta love those~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went back to look at all the pictures. This is so cool! I love, love the strawberries! I agree it isn't what you would expect to find in an airport!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't it be a great thing if someone would be able to take this quilt and actually document each of the stitching treatments and publish same for us to use for inspiration. There are many stitch combinations here that I've never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this very important message of perfection does not need to be the ultimate stressor. We should be proud of a job well done...at whatever level...apprentice to master. Deb this is a wonderful quilt and I am so happy to see your photos. Joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know that makes me think of life..messy in some spots but stunning as a whole!!

    Thank you for wonderful pictures and a great post!!

    hugs and happy day friend!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful crazy quilt. I love what you said about "perfect" stitching. Imagine that if this person had given up we wouldn't be able to see this beautiful quilt. Thanks Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a comment. All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...