Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pebble Adventure

Have you ever seen a photo,
that takes your breath away?
That is how I felt, when
I first saw this photo.
I quickly saved it
to my favorites,
vowing someday to
stitch my own pebble.
The photo and project
can be found here:
The  project is stitched
by Jennifer Rochester
with  the
photos by Ian Cole.
My friend Marjolein
and I are about
to explore this
project.
We are calling it the
"Pebble Adventure".
You will find the
complete instructions
and needed supplies
on the
Marjolein and I would
like to invite you to
join us on this
adventure into the
world of textures.
Post your photos
on your blog,
or
on Flickr.

Now we need a theme song...
We're off to see the texture,
the wonderful texture
of stitch....

well, that may need some work.

I hope you will join us!
Love to all,
Deb


12 comments:

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Oh Deb how beautiful. You can do this. I will be following as you put it together. I am trying to finish my plarn purses trimmed with Journey beads for sale on the Journey Bead Craft web site for Charity. I am just sort of slow and take my time. They are almost finished. It takes awhile to make the paper beads get them dry and varnished and then dry again. Great work for these dreary cloudy day.
QMM

Lorraine@creativedaily said...

Now this is most definitely an adventure into texture. I've had this article printed for some time but never felt confident in attempting it. I'm really going to look forward to watching you two and I just MAY end up attempting it....

deanna7trees said...

thank you for the link. just beautiful.

Just the Two of US said...

oh that is soooo beautiful! you should defintaly make one.

Rebecca said...

Absolutely incredible handwork. I'm nearly faint over it's beauty!

xoRebecca

pchickki said...

OH this is really beautiful.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Deb. your pebbles are truly beautiful. Thanks for the information on how to create them. I look forward to seeing it finished. Hugs Judy

Createology said...

This is definitely breath-taking. I am swooning over these amazing stitches and the depth of texture achieved with merely one color. I will be following your amazing adventure...We're off to see the stitches. Blissful and thank goodness there are ladies like you that carry on the wonder of handwork.

Judy said...

Hi Deb; I'm just gonna have to gather some of this material and see what I can do with it! Quite a list, for sure.
So absolutely beautiful!
Judy

DeeDee said...

I always love your fun adventures and I really like your singing too..cannot wait to see more from you ladies... hugs

Nicola said...

WOW, so inspirational.

Jillayne said...

This is gorgeous Deb, truly wonderful. I've never seen anything like it!
I am thinking this would be fun and as soon as I clear away a few things I would love to join in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...