Thursday, February 23, 2012

Working On A Secret Project

I have a blogging friend that asked,
if I would help out with a project.
A project that would benefit
children.

A huge charitable project that
will be revealed in late spring.
Of course I said, Yes!

The blogging friend sent me a
thank you gift for helping out.
When you see the gift you will
know who the blogging friend is,
so lets make it fun and 
I will give you a couple of clues.

Here is the box and tag.
Here is the box and tag and a thank you note.
Do you see a common factor in both photos?
Here is the tissue paper wrapping the gift.
Again the common factor.
Hand stamped and hand colored,
how is that for having
an eye for details.

Now for the gift....

I cried, when I opened the tissue.
Yes, it is from Vicki over at 2 Bags Full!
In her Sacred Yarn Room,
 she created this nest.
My first thought
 was of taking a photo.
I took it outside and put it in a tree.
I added it to some nests from my collection.

Took a photo of it sitting on an old iron fence,
out in the yard where the daffodills are coming up.
Even Sophie knew this was a special nest
and stayed right on her pillow, as I took
the photos.  What a Good Girl!
Of all the places I took the nest,
It seemed to like this spot the best!

Thank you, Vicki,
for the thank you!
You really shouldn't have
but, I am so very glad you did!

Stay tuned to Vicki's blog in
late spring to see what we
have been up to!

Love to all,
Deb





12 comments:

  1. Oh how fun- you did wear that nest out taking those pictures!! Love them all-- and love you too! Oh yes- our project is going to be totally amazing!!!!!

    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to see the project. After seeing that beautiful birdsnest, the mind just boggles at what will be revealed in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear DEb,
    What a beautiful thankyou-gift from dear Vicki. The nests are just fantastic and the photoes you took shows how beautiful, Vicki makes them.
    I have 2 myself- one purchased, and one also giftet from this generous lady.
    Hugs and a lovely week-end to you dear.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb
    My eyes are perked! Wonder what you are up to.

    Gosh I love Vicki's nests!! You are a lucky duck.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Deb Your nest is truly beautiful and very creative and artistic. Love it Lucky you. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of Vicki's nests and they are really beautiful. Great photos of your nest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful is that! what an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my - what a beautiful nest!! What a treasure. Don't leave it outside for too long though because 'real' birdies will find it just as irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might be as green as this exquisite nest Miss Vicki handknits...true envy. I look forward to the reveal. With Vicki it will be so worthwhile. Blissful adoration...

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely post this is~!
    the nest is gorgeous.
    so pleased to have found your blog.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a comment. All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...