Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crocheted Boho Wrap Bracelet / NecklaceTutorial

Do a search for
"crocheted wrap bracelets,"
 you may be surprised
by how many show up.
They are comfortable to wear
and the perfect addition
to your summer wardrobe.

Boho Wrap Bracelet/Necklace

You will need crochet cotton,
a small crochet hook
and lots of beads.
The crochet hook I used was
one my grandmother used.
I can remember her making
necklaces similar to this
back in the early 1970's.

A size 7 hook creates a nice
small chain stitch.
Load your beads onto the thread
before you begin to create your
crocheted chain. 
 You will include a bead
in your stitches either on a
random basis or after
a set number of stitches.
In researching the bracelets,
I saw some that used only
1 style of bead, others
used random beads,
 those were the bracelets
I preferred.

Begin your stitches
with 10 chain stitches,
before you add the first
bead. (Those beginning
 10 stitches will be used
 to form a knot
 with the ending stitches.)
 Continue forming
 chain stitches
and adding beads
 until you have
completed a length of
 approximately 34".
This length will allow you to
wear it as a necklace or bracelet.
To finish off the necklace,
chain stitch 10 stitches
without adding a bead.
Clip the thread and pull
through the last stitch. 
Tie the two crocheted
 ends together
(beginning and end of
 the 34" chain) 
forming a square knot.
The beads in this necklace
 are randomly spaced.
Wrap your wrist
or wear as a necklace.
The bracelet is the only view I will
be showing.  Don't think for
a moment, I will be showing
a close-up of my neck!!!

As I mentioned, these
are quick and easy to
make.  Here are
some I have completed
this weekend.

This one was created
using all white beads
and white thread.
It would be perfect
for a beach bride!

Love to all,
Deb




21 comments:

  1. Lovely idea Deb... I always wondered how you got the beads and buttons on...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. i have a pattern for a knitted bracelet/necklace with beads. might have to try the crochet one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty! You've chosen some beautiful colors to create your bracelet! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and soft! I love them! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes they are very pretty. You have really done a beautiful job of beads and colorings. Okay now you have me searching through my old crochet hooks for a 7 and I must make these. Grandma did this years ago also and I love hers with the buttons she used. Thank you so much for sharing your technique. Blissful crocheting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Deb - these are lovely!! I know what I will be doing today!! I have my Mothers hooks; a lot of different sizes so know I have just the right one. I know my granddaughters will love them. I tried to get them to learn to crochet but they weren't interested. Bet they will be when they see these! Thanks again!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've still got mine on! And still getting compliments on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Deb. Thanks for the great tutorial on your beaded bracelet or necklace. They are lovely and the colors are super. Have a good week. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love bracelets of all kinds and do wear them often. I see that you incorporated some buttons in there as well, my favorite.
    Thanks for stopping by my Find the Pin blog post.
    Have a great week.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these, really pretty.
    Thanks for your visit and kind comment.
    Smiles, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The decription on "how to" is very clear.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great DEb! I think my nieces would LOVE them!! I think I'll take the crochet cotton to teh beach this summer...thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great DEb! I think my nieces would LOVE them!! I think I'll take the crochet cotton to teh beach this summer...thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful and thank you for the info. LOVE the beach bride piece and idea~! so boho romantic~!!~

    wouldn't these strands be gorgoeus used as embellishments within an embroidered or mixed media art piece~!? yummy~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have my grandmothers crochet hooks too. I love working with them because they're so smooth - SO much nicer than the plastic versions out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks a lot for this tutorial. I will try it. my daugther would love such a bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Boho chick!! I adore the necklace and bracelet set--- so ME!!! Sigh--/

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  19. I needed this I to wandered how you got the beads on.... beautiful colors...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a comment. All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...