Thursday, April 26, 2012

Some Gifts Are From The heART

I have a thing about hearts.

I am always looking for heart shaped stones.

I have a collection of hearts

hanging in my sunroom.

~~~~~~~~~

It is easy to see, when something

has been created,

from the heart.

To me “from the heart” means,

the maker took their time

and there is the

all telling

attention to detail.

You can look at an item

and see if it was thrown

together at the last minute,

or if it was loving put

together.

I call it “heART”.

~~~~~~

A piece of heART

arrived at my home.

Wrapped in pattern tissue paper

and tied with pink seam binding.

IMG_1852

With a note from the maker.

IMG_1851

IMG_1858

The dearest hand created book

I have ever seen.

IMG_1855IMG_1856IMG_1857

Filled with beautiful pages.

The above items Jillayne

brought home from her trip to France.

  She wrote some

outstanding posts about her trip.

  The posts were thought

provoking and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

IMG_1860

The binding is just as interesting

as the pages in the book.

IMG_1854

I once included a quote from Coco Chanel on my blog:

“When I am no longer able to create something,

I’ll be done for.”

Jillayne remembered the quote and used Coco Chanel for her inspiration.  Notice the pearl buttons, crystals, vintage sewing notions used here in the binding.

Jillayne created herself a book just like mine you can see hers here

We are thinking of doing a tandem post in

the future on our books.

I wonder what fantastic

items I can capture within the pages.

IMG_1861

 

I love the tiny key she included…..it came from France

too!!!  Isn’t that the cutest key ever.  (I know a little

nutsy about the key, but I love it!)  I may now have to

start collecting keys!

IMG_1867

Thank you Jillayne for the heART.

Once Jillayne has

received her box from me,

I will show you what I created for her

……yes it is heART too!

 

Love to all,

Deb

17 comments:

libbyquilter said...

LOVE this post~!!~

i'm a rock heart collector myself~!
and a key collector~!! so i totally understand you're excitment over that particular embellishment.

this book is absolutely amazing.
i've been flirting with the idea of papermaking lately and can imagine how lovely that could be as pages within a lovely book such as this one . . .

:-)
libbyQ

JennyPennyPoppy said...

What a treasure you have received with your delightful gift from the heart. Lovely pictures as well :)

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You are so lucky. Jillayne is such a talented lady. The book is beautiful. Of course you are also a very talented lady so I am sure she will receive something equally as nice. It's a win-win! We must think alike because I just recently posted about collecting old keys. Why do I want to shout JINKS?

Judy said...

What a stunning book!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Deb. Your book from the Heart is very very beautiful. A lovely treasure indeed. Hugs Judy

Lorraine said...

What a lovely treasure!

Suztats said...

Oh, Lucky You!!
I know Jillayne always creates from the heart, (and I'm lucky to have one of her beautiful stars)so I know that great care will have been taken to create something unique just for you. It looks beautiful, and quite a treasure.

ShirleyC said...

That is a beautiful creation, and just perfect for my friend with such a big Heart!

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

Oh, how special and lovely. The little added details are just wonderful. It was very obviously made from the heart!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Lucky you! Your book looks like a treasure and I'm sure it's even nicer in person.

Michelle May said...

Oh wow!!! It's just so gorgeous! I love it!

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb, I`m another heart stone collector-and another lover of Jillaynes heART works.What she creates are alwayes maDE with her heart,and alwayes so beautiful.
Congratulations with this little wonder-book, it is so treasurable.
Hugs from Dorthe

vicki said...

Deb- your heART gift is truly exquisite. The book is unique and do beautiful--- I love the key also- wouldn't you love to hear the story that the key could tell?

I can't wait to see what you created for your friend-- I already know the talents that you have for creating so beautifully!!
I also love that you call it heART--- perfection!

Vicki

Createology said...

Oh what a treasure Jillayne has hand created and made just for you. This is so stunning and unique. I adore her work. I await your heART reveal. Such a lovely swap you both are doing. Blissful...

Jillayne said...

i am so glad you like it Deb. I had more fun making those books than anything I have done in a long, long time. I had forgotten how gratifying creating from the heart can be, and when you know who you are making something for, well, there's just nothing quite like that.
My little book sits on my worktable and I look at it each day while I ponder what I want to put in it - for now, it is just inspiring me with it's presence!

DeeDee said...

How fun... love the lil book and cannot see what you created...I miss swaps.... hope to be back bloggin soon.. Hugs my friend.

Diane said...

Deb, I just read about your exchange with Jillayne on her blog and came over here to see what all the buzz was about concerning your Pebbles. I just visited your Flickr page and OMG! They are GORGEOUS!!!!! What a unique and elegant idea!

Thank you for the Eye Candy!

XO Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...