Monday, May 21, 2012

Endings and New Beginnings


IMG_1906
Lots of stitching going on around here.
Back in January, my friend Vicki asked
me to join her in a project.  We will be
blogging about it soon, but here is a
little sneak peek.  The last of the little
quilts went into the mail to Vicki today.
IMG_1916
My latest pendant, I love the
colors and it looks so pretty
with the “little green apples”.
Mr. Magpie had to cut a limb
out of an apple tree that was
laying on our 4 board fence.
He thought the apples would
be nice to use in a photo and
he was right!
IMG_1912
The beginnings of my Schwalm Embroidery
work.  Luzine’s lovely book arrived Friday.
She sent the linen, needles and threads
for me to stitch a project from her new
book for left-handers.  I have begun reading
Basic Principles of Schwalm Whitework
and I am learning new things already.
  The stitch above is a Coral Stitch,
a new stitch for me.  Luzine’s instructions
are clearly written and there are photos
to serve as quick reminders,
so important when trying to form an
unfamiliar stitch. 
New beginnings and projects ending.
Love to all,
Deb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...