Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Left Handed Stitching

Mary Corbet recently announced an exciting opportunity.
Luzine Happel has rewritten her book
especially for the left handed stitcher.
The opportunity was for 3 left handed stitchers
to stitch a Schwalm Embroidery project and to offer
feedback on Luzine's instructions.
I am a left handed stitcher and I love to learn
new stitching techniques.  What a wonderful
opportunity this would be, so of course I 
added my name to the list of interested
stitchers. 

This morning Mary announced the names
of those who would be stitching the project.

Winnie van Vegchel
Yvette Stanton
Mosaic Magpie (Deb)

I was one of the stitchers....... I was filled
with joy and fear at the very same
moment!  Joy, to have the opportunity
and fear, what if my stitching
is not up to par? 

Suz was one of the first to email
me with congratulations.  In my
reply to her, I shared those self doubts,
 along with the joy I was feeling.
Suz wrote back, words of encouragement,
letting  me know she would be eager
to see the completed project.  
She believed in me.

 Then, I reread Mary's post. 
 Luzine did not want someone
that already knew Schwalm embroidery,
she wanted someone like me.  Someone
that was willing to learn, think about the
instruction being presented and to offer
an honest opinion. I could, do that!

Thank you Luzine, for this opportunity.
Thank you Mary, for being such a great
resource/promoter for all things related
 to embroidery.


I have thought about my feelings upon learning
I would be stitching for Luzine. 
 How fear could have stopped me
 from participating
 in this wonderful opportunity. 
 What a shame it would be,
 to not see what I could have learned,
 or to let this chance slip away
 as I listened to self doubt. 

 Thanks again, Suz
 for the encouragement
and for being a friend.

Love to all,
Deb

14 comments:

Doreen G said...

Wow Deb what a wonderful opportunity for you.
I love Schwalm embroidery (to look at)but I have never attempted it so I will follow your work with much pleasure.Oh and never doubt your ability my friend because you are a talented lady.

Mánya said...

How wonderful, my friend! Congratulations!
I am really happy for you and also looking forward to admiring your work :)

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Deb.
Congratulation!! How very very exciting for you to be selected to learn this lovely kind of embroidery. I look forward to seeing your artwork. Hugs Judy

Judy said...

You always love a challenge and the opportunity to embark on this one couldn't go to a better stitcher!!! I sure will be following your adventure and gleaning much information on this wonderful style of stitching!
Go Lefties!!
Judy (another southpaw)

Marjolein said...

What a wonderful opportunity for you...and a challenge.
Congratulations and good luck to you ;)

Jillayne said...

You will be great.
You are right that you are exactly what she wants. And you'll be great - Schwalm is a beautiful embroidery and you are going to love it.
Congratulations Deb - can't wait to see all your doings.
And - I love the blog header by the way - beautiful!

libbyquilter said...

congratulations~!!~
and of course your stitching will be "up to par"~!!!!~ and more~!

can hardly wait to see more about this particular type of embroidery AND your always excellent stitching.

:-)
libbyQ

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Why ever would you doubt? Your work is absolutely amazing! And it is so obvious that you enjoy the process. You were definitely the right choice. Enjoy! Tammy

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

There is not doubt in my mind that you would not do well. Your work is already so amazing. You are an inspiration to me.
QMM

ShirleyC said...

Great news, Deb! I know you will be a great inspiration to others while you are overcoming your fear of the project.
Your work is always top of the line!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Can't wait to see your progress. This looked like an awesome book but I'm a 'righty'. Just have fun with it!

DeeDee said...

LOL.... LOl... Lol.. Not up to par... Girl.. you are way up to par... I am so happy and cannot wait to see your stitchin... Congrats. :D

Anita said...

Congratulations Deb!Great opportunity to learn.I'm looking forward to see your progress.

Susan Elliott said...

Oh Congratulations!!! I'm green with envy and so excited for you. You're going to be the best student ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...