Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Angels Among Us

I believe there are
Angels among us.

Sent down to us from
 somewhere up above

They come to you and me
 in our darkest hours

To show us how to live,
to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love.

The angel I created
from a kit by
The instructions were
clearly written
and the wool...
well, just like
stitchin' on butter!
 
Rita aka Reets was
having a giveaway for the
angel ornament and a
Santa Pillow pattern.
I was one of the
happy winners.
Thanks Reets!
 
The kit could not
have arrived at a better
time.  I recently downsized
my Christmas tree and
 needed a tree topper.
 
The angel ornament
was perfect!  I left the
bottom open to slip
onto the treetop.
 
I have had my mind
on those precious
children that lost
their earthly life
last Friday
at the Sandy Hook
Elementary School.
 
 
As I stitched, I prayed
for the families
that had been
touched by this
tragedy.
 
Those precious
little ones and
their teachers.
May those sweet angels,
guide us with their
Light of Love.
 

Love to all,
Deb
 
Lyrics : Angels Among Us
  by Alabama

 



16 comments:

  1. Oh that angel is darling. I've always loved Reets' stuff but haven't done any for years. I may have to get back to it - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Deb. Your Angel Topper is great and beautifully stitched. We also downsized our tree one year ago and I do like it so much better. I also put a Wool Roving Angel I made as a tree topper too. We must be Kindred Spirits.

    Your words that you expressed about the SHE school was very lovely.

    Happy Holidays to you and your family. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful angel and a marvelous tribute to all those who lost their lives at Sandy Hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb Dear this is definitely a year for angels to watch over and keep us in this uncertain world we are living in. Your stitched angel is perfect. Holiday Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so adorable!
    That song is one of my absolute favorites. I love the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your words were very touching, we do so need Angels in our lives and I pray the Angels are with those poor families and helping them following the horrors in Connecticut

    ReplyDelete
  7. I beleive in angels and your words are thought provoking and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. She perfect and so you.. love your work..Happy Holidays my friend.. hope your home is filled with family and friends with the spirit of the holiday season....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully presented post, Deb. Love the angel, love the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work on your angel! I just love Reet's work and her wool. Great idea using it as a tree topper, and I loved the thoughts and prayers that you sent out to all of those children and courageous women.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Deb,
    yes we truly need angels to guard and take care of us, in this world of violence ,misstreated kids, and people not seing the good,but only the bad.
    Your angel is a wonderful sweet piece, and will sit wonderfully on top of your tree.
    I wish you a very happy and merry christmas,dear,-I will be away for some dayes, and therefore tell you now!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your touching angle via Reets' blog site and I really feel the love in your poem. I am so glad that you won the angle - truly an inspiration. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi girlfriend --
    I am loading blogs into my draft post for the Grow Your Blog party -- you are all set. Dont forget the date is January 19!

    I am going to email you for updates there at home~~

    Love you,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great angel Like her.
    Your quilts on Vickie's blog are very nice. I'm back to doing CQ. I forget how much I like hand work. Have a Happy New Year Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Deb. Cute angel and a fun tree topper. Hope Santa brought you lots of stitching goodies and have a happy New Years celebration!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's great! It seems to me that you have a propensity toward winning. There's no doubt to me that angels are with YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...