Thursday, January 17, 2013

When A Friend Turns 60

I have a friend that is reaching a milestone
year in her life.  She is will be 60 years young.
I can remember when I was in grade school
thinking people in their 50's and 60's as being 
ancient! Funny how our thoughts on age change.
I wanted to make a special gift, after all when
you are 60 what do you really need?  
So, I put my creative crafting hat on and
went to work.
A necklace came to mind, but not just
any necklace a special necklace to 
celebrate a special birthday.
 I have a few older pennies and was lucky 
to find one from 1953.  I also had a coin 
holder to put it in.  I had found the coin 
holder last summer at a flea market.  There
were 4 pennies from random years on 
a bracelet. I knew one day the coins or
holders would come in handy.
I added the bird charm and a small
deep red crystal.  Garnet is the birthstone
for January.
Necklace made.....now a little something
else.
A crazy quilted pouch.  I had thought it
could be used for her cell phone, credit cards,
or a tissue holder.  Here is the back.
 All the seams have been stitched with a 
feather stitch on my sewing machine.
The initial on the front, I  stitched
by hand.  So, here it is a special
gift for the birthday girl!
Happy Birthday Pat!

Love to all,
Deb 


8 comments:

  1. what a lovely gift to receive I am sure your friend will be delighted, I can see you put so much thought into what you did, the necklace is so unique and I am sure will be very precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very thoughtful gift Deb..but then you do know how to personalize so well..

    have a great day..happy crafting



    P.S. my birthday is next month.. lol. ... just kidding .. but it is a big one for me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice, personalized gift! What a good idea! Lucky Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift, and how thoughtful of you. It's always nice to have something specially made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful......I love the thought that went into this! Those are the best gifts to give and get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet necklace and pouch. Of course I love anything with birdies on it!

    ~ Sherrie (Bird Lady)

    http://www.birdladyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely made and special gifts for your friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...