Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Birds and B's

The birds and b's as in 
blog headers.
I change my blog header
so infrequently, that it
becomes a challenge
to remember how to do it.
The first step is easy to
remember... take the photo.
Then add the text,
(your blog name).
Since I have a Canon camera
there is a program called
ZoomBrowser EX which
allows you to add text to 
a photo.  Otherwise, you 
will have to open the photo
in Paint and add text there.

Complete the process by
uploading the photo to your
blog layout. 
 
Here are a few more photos 
of my bird nest.


 I used a "Satin Glass"
candleholder for the base.
I believe it was made by
Fenton Glass.
 These photos will
give you an idea of the
size.
The opening where 
the bird is sitting
is 2" in diameter.
 Nest was crocheted
while holding 
several yarns
together to
give a nice blend
of color.
Perfect for
a Spring day!

 I hope you enjoyed 
seeing me make a new
blog header!

Love to all,
Deb

15 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Your New Blog Headers is very pretty. Your Nest is absolutely gorgeous. Have a lovely Easter. Happy Spring. Hugs Judy

Theresa said...

SO cute! Have a blessed Easter weekend, HUGS!

Marianne said...

I love your new blog header.
Thanks for the tip about photos. I have a Canon camera and I never knew I could do that.

Lorraine said...

Love the nest and the new blog header!

Sue (Someones Mom) said...

I love it! I wonder if my camera can add text? I never checked-but, I will now! Happy Easter!

luvbnmom said...

Very cute. Perfect for spring time!

desertskyquilts said...

The bird and nest is adorable. Makes a very nice new header.

Dorthe said...

How sweet is your blog header, dear,
and I can tell you, that I have NO clue in how to change my own, and also dare not :)
The sweet bird have got the most beautiful nest.
Happy Easter to you,
Hugs,Dorthe

Vicki Boster said...

Deb --- I love your new blog header and that nest is absolutly adorable and screams SPRING!!!

Im cleaning in the Sacred Yarn room today and I have the windows open!!! Finally a breathe of spring!

xoxo,
Vicki

Suztats said...

Now, that looks so like Spring and Easter! Love your bird and it's fluffy nest. What fun!
p.s.-will you send some spring my way, please?

Createology said...

Lovely new header and very Spring Fresh. Your little crocheted nest is precious and fits the little birdie perfectly. Happy Spring Dear...

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great header and such a sweet little bird and nest. Definitely makes me think of spring (which should be here, but we were treated to snow showers off and on all day today - sometimes we couldn't even see across the road for snow, and the next minute the sun would be shining).

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a sweet tiny little nest and bird. I used to change my header all the time but I like my blog look now so have decided to stick with it. Dagmar at Studio D changes hers every month and it is always so lovely to see but then there are other bloggers I visit whose blogs have looked the same for years and that is refreshing, too. Best wishes to you, Tammy

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Very nice looking new header Deb! Your bird in a nest with daffodils looks lovely :)

DeeDee said...

I love your little birdie nest and new header.... I dislike I cannot get updates in my email no more from your blog... hope all is well... cute lil birdie.. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...