Friday, February 21, 2014

Going Once, Going Twice..... Sold!

 My latest smocked Bishop Dress will be going 
to the local Rotary Club Auction.  My DH is a
member and every year we make items to 
donate to the auction.
 We live in Kentucky and anything with
"Wildcat Blue" on it, is sure to be a hit.
 A pair of matching socks.
 The dress is a 12-18 months size, but really
this style of dress fits much longer as the 
sleeves are full and it is longer in length.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Next is an angel gown that will be traveling
to Vicki for use at her hospital.  
 It is windy here today, but the sun is shining and there
is a hint of Spring in the air.
 The color is a soft off white with matching thread
used in the smocking.
 The hem technique is new to me. You fold the
hem up twice and stitch along the fold.  This creates
a tuck that holds the hem in place.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Next an infant jacket.  The pattern is in the
December 13/January 14  issue of Sew Beautiful Magazine.
 Of course Wendy's version is covered in beautiful
embroidery.  She has exquisite needle skills.
 My version shows that the pattern is a basic 
simple style.  Don't be intimidated when looking
at patterns and magazines.  Most items are simple
basic styles with added detailing.
 I used a sweet rosebud flannel for the lining
and pockets.  A vintage tablecloth was used
as the fashion fabric.  
Added detailing of a folded rose, seam binding
and a touch of embroidery.
 The tablecloth fabric is so soft, from years of washing.
Don't you love my model...we haven't played together for
years, but she is still a sweetie. 
Thank you "Susie" you were the perfect model, so still,
 patient and you did not mind the cold wind blowing.

Love to all,
Deb

21 comments:

deanna7trees said...

it's all so beautiful. great job.

Theresa said...

Love it! And the cute little model in her pretty jacket is precious:) Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You are becoming a pro at these exquisite little gowns! I'm sure the one for the auction will bring a nice amount.

ShirleyC said...

Oh my gosh! I used to have a baby doll almost like that. I think I played with her more than any doll I owned.

The dresses are beautiful, and I love the little jacket too. You have been quite busy!

It was 75 here on Thurs., and then we had a storm so it cooled off a whole lot!

margaret said...

all 3 of these pieces are so beautiful as the above said they are exquisite

Judy said...

What a beautiful and giving spirit you have Deb! The dresses and little jacket are soooo lovely!.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Yes it was 70 here the night before with big storms....a lightning strike nearby shook the house!

Mosaic Magpie said...

I am having the time of my life!

Suztats said...

Such beautiful creations, Deb, all filled with love. Lovely details, too, and your model is just so cute!

Createology said...

Deb Dear I can feel all the love you stitch into these beautiful little gowns. I love your Kentucky "Wildcat Blue". Wee gowns of love! Susie is adorable and such a good model. I love her little jacket with the sweet rosebud flannel and flower. The pockets are adorable. I must check into that interesting hem treatment on the gowns. Blessings my friend...

Vicki Boster said...

Oh Debbie-- these are absolute treasures! That little gown won't last anytime at the auction-- I'm betting a proud grandparent will snatch it right up!!!

Thank you again for your beautiful and special donations for our babes. I have no words to truly thank you for these gifts -- you have NO idea how appreciated they are.

Love the little jacket- the flannel is such a beautiful accent-- that's the cutest pattern I ever saw.

I've been cooped up inside all weekend-- love these almost springtime outside pictures!

Xoxo
Vicki

Mosaic Magpie said...

The dress sold VERY well and I have a few more to make now for those that lost the bidding war!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The hem treatment is so great.....in the example I saw they stitched a 1" tuck to enclose the hem, but on these little dresses it was just too heavy of a tuck so these dresses have been stitched with about a 3/8' tuck.

Mosaic Magpie said...

The dress was bought by a proud aunt, but there were some grandmothers in the bidding and sweet new momma too!

Lorraine said...

No wonder there was a bidding war Deb and I can totally see why you have orders! I've always admired smocking. The angle gown and jacket - adorable!

beachbumbride said...

I love that dress you are so very talented.

desertskyquilts said...

All of your pieces are delightful. I know that dress will bring a good price at the auction, especially with the little matching socks. I will have to try that hem on the next skirt I make for Rosa. It would be a cute extra detail.

Mosaic Magpie said...

The hemming technique is great and adds a nice detail.

Mosaic Magpie said...

You were the sweet new momma I spoke of. Let me know the size and color you want.
xo

Mosaic Magpie said...

I need to plan a dress around some of your beautiful threads! Will be putting on my thinking cap!

Mosaic Magpie said...

The model...she is old and yet keeps here youthful appearance! Must be the beauty tip of being stored in a toy box for years at a time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...