Sunday, April 20, 2014

Big Bootie, Bags and Bowls

I've been wanting to knit some baby booties and
asked a friend to recommend an easy pattern.  
The pattern looked easy enough so, I gave it a go. The needles I used were 1 size larger than that in the pattern, (a size 8)  but I thought that would not make much of a difference......
 I was wrong.
It is one BIG bootie...I have had my own
joke about Big Bootie In The House!
I told my DH I had not found Big Foot,
but I did have his baby bootie.
So, back to the needle stash I went to try
a much smaller needle and a different
yarn.  A size 4 needle and sock yarn resulted
in a smaller bootie, but I think still a bit
too large.
Here is a side by side comparison:
I will make another with the size 4 needles
to have a pair of booties.  For the next pair
I will try size 3 needles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tote Bags for Breast Cancer

The link to this project includes 
a tutorial, if needed.
I added pockets to my bags.
 Fun fabrics
 fully lined
 and reversible. 
 Pockets on the outside
 and pockets on the inside.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bowls
Bowls created using cotton clothesline cord,
 Strips of fabric
 and a zigzag stitch.
Three bowls that became Easter Baskets
for my girls.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the background of the bowl photos
you may have noticed bricks on the
ground.  We had to have our chimney
completely torn down.
 What a mess!  I am wondering if the yard will
ever be the same.
Sophie keeps an eye on all the coming
and going of workers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have started volunteering at a hospital one
day a week. I will be working the front desk
 and when needed rocking babies!
We had a "Thank You" luncheon
last week and they gave us these cute
tote bags.
 I love the image and  message on the bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go make a difference!

Love to all,
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...