Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"If/Then"

My daughter recently saw the Broadway musical "If/Then" starring the Tony winning actress Idina Menzel.  The play focuses on the character Elizabeth (Idina Menzel) and the choices that set her on or changed her life path.  When you look back on your own life and think, what if, if then, should I, I shouldn't have....the path could have  been a broken road or a smoothly paved highway that led you to where you are now. We are faced with choices every day, will the choice you make, help someone?  When you look back and think what if and if then, would the outcome be for a greater good.
My friend Vicki has a project that involves one of those choices you will make today.  Read the post here.

"I used to pray that God
would feed the hungry, 
or do this or that,
 but now I pray that he will guide me
to do whatever
 I am supposed to do,
 what I can do.

I used to pray for answers,
 but now I'm praying for strength. 
I used to believe that prayer changes things,
but now I know that prayer changes us,
and we change things." 
Mother Teresa

Love to all, 
Deb

11 comments:

Laurie M said...

thats beautiful,

Vicki Boster said...

Thank you dear Deb for sharing these children's story with all of your friends. I'm so grateful that you are helping to spread awareness to their needs. It really is the little things we do that matter the most sometimes.

I love you girlfriend:)
Love
Vicki

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good post. I'll check to see what Vicki is doing.

margaret said...

very moving link you have shared today, it is so sad to read about these children but good to see the work that is being done with them. U do not think there is a link for UK residents to send to but if it happens I will contribute

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That Vicki is always doing something selfless and sensational. I've shared on my blog today, too. Hope all is well with you. Best wishes, Tammy

Laura Quaglia said...

Vickie is so kind. Nice to read you again do not know where time goes ,I will share

Laura

Createology said...

When I read Vicki's post I just knew you would be on board Miss Deb. This speaks to me also. I just couldn't not be involved. Children are so precious! Blessings Dear...

Suztats said...

Vicki's African Letter post is spreading, and that is wonderful to see! Bloggers have such big and generous hearts. If we all reach out, then what positive changes can we make? Let's see!

Laurie said...

beautiful!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's a cause that definitely goes straight to your heart. Simple things that we can do that mean so much.

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Your words bring home to me the clear reality that I, like you and many of your readers, are so very fortunate to have the luxury of choosing our own paths. No so those poor dear children in Africa. Blessing to you and Vicki for reminding us of this, so that we can choose to help others who need it so very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...