Thursday, October 23, 2014

Stitching Up A Surprise

SAGA is hosting a Mystery Ornament Smock Along.
I have never stitched-along with any group, so this
will be a new adventure for me.
I have gathered my supplies and pleated the fabric.
Since I was unsure what the completed ornament
would look like, I chose a similar palette to that 
shown on the Facebook group posting.

I am also involved in a a Beginning Crazy Quilting 
Class hosted by Kathy Shaw (shawkl). At the beginning of
the class we were given a list of cotton fabrics and hoop
to choose. 

 Even though I have Crazy Quilted in the past
I know I will learn a great deal from Kathy.  The first
thing will be using a hoop.  I have always held the block
in my hand as I stitched.
  The class comes highly recommended by several
 blogging friends.   Kathy offers several classes but you
 must begin with her beginning class and work up from 
there.  A lovely place to start...the beginning.
The class is free and it is offered at different
times throughout the year.  Simply follow her
blog to see when it will be offered again.

Yes, my hands are hurting from all this activity but
I really can't seem to help myself from the torture.
I feel as though I must have something to do with
my hands...it is an obsession. 
  
On the new medicine front....I have had a flu shot,
pneumonia vaccine, TB test all in preparing my 
immune system for the new medication.  Hopefully,
 next week I will begin  my new medication and
 the pain will a thing of the past. 

Love to all,
Deb

14 comments:

Laurie M said...

you are so busy and looks like the beginnings of some beautiful creations, I hope your pain will soon be under control, you are taking good measures to protect your health, take care my friend,

Vicki Boster said...

You are like a little energizer battery-- you just keep on going-- no matter what! Keeping prayers going up that your new meds will make you feel so much better--

On the stitching front-/ I can't wait to see what beautiful ornament you bring to life--

Love
Vicki

deanna7trees said...

crazy quilting is fun with so many possibilities. i'm doing a bit of it now myself. will enjoy seeing how you progress with your piece.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm so hoping that your new meds will do their job and make you feel better. Having fun projects to work on helps too....looking forward to seeing your latest projects as you go along.

ShirleyC said...

I can't wait to see your finished project.
I must have missed a post or something explaining the meds. Take care. I will be out of pocket for a while having knee surgery on the 30th.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good wishes for the new meds. You will enjoy Kathy's class. I am in waiting for the next, yipee!
Happy Halloween.

Dorthe said...

Dear Deb,
I dearly hope for you, that the new medicine will soon help you feel well or at least so much better,-
The ornament in smock I can`t wait to see, I know it will be so special.
Also have fun with the new craizy quilting !!
Hugs from Dorthe

desertskyquilts said...

I so hope you will soon be pain free! I look forward to seeing both your ornament and the cq block as you go.

Jillayne said...

I hope your pain will be a thing of the past too Deb - it must be awful to have that, nagging, constant pain is awful!
Your plans for the smocked ornament look wonderful - I hope you'll show pictures as you go!

Suztats said...

Deb, I hope the new meds work well for you. Have fun with the new classes-- I hope they help take your mind off the pain and fatigue until the new medication kicks in. Hugs

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Some lucky person will be doing a "happy dance" when they receive your piece Deb!
You're our resident Queen of Smocking in blogland!
I see from Vicki's comment you may have been feeling poorly - I'm sorry to hear that and hope you are on the mend and feeling more like your old self.
Take care
Shane xox
Oooops I meant to say the beginners CQ class sounds interesting and I've put it in my diary as a reminder for late Jan2015 - thanks to you!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Me again Deb.
I should have read to the end of the post - now I've got it.
You take care of those precious hands God gave you!
I can't imagine you not using them to make beautiful things but please go easy.
Good luck with the new meds.
love
Shane

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Deb,
the classes you're taking sound wonderful and I can't wait to see
your finished pieces.Hope you will
feel better once the new meds kick in.
Hugs,
Marie

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon Deb. Your smocked ornament will be beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing all the stitches you will use on your crazy quilted piece. Take good care of yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...