Sunday, January 25, 2015

Welcome To The Party!

A big thank you to Vicki for hosting this party and inviting each of you to visit.  I can't imagine how much work must be involved in putting on such  a fun party!  Vicki is one that is always thinking of and doing for others.  She is someone that I am proud to call my friend.  There are givers and takers, follow Vicki's example, be a giver... give til your hands are empty, but your heart is full...."2 Bags Full".  

Welcome to my blog, I hope you will visit often.
I have been blogging since 2010....a look back reveals a variety of interests.  I am envious of those that find their niche,  the one place where their heart sings..my heart must be composing a symphony with all the things I like to do.

Crazy Quilting seems to be one of those things, with some staying power.  I am currently working on a Mother of the Bride bag.  


The copper frame is so beautiful, I think I could stitch a plastic bag to it and it would be stunning.

The embroidery thread I am using is from years ago, I bought it with the intentions of doing a counted cross stitch picture of my tabby cat, Pooh.....that salmony color was the exact color of his nose.  Funny to remember such a thing.

Another interest is basket making:

I asked my daughter's boyfriend if he had any deer antlers I could make a basket with...he brought me the antlers from the first deer he shot as youngster.
                           

How could I do anything other than make him a basket with those special antlers.

                  

I had a friend that taught me the art of basket making.  It is nice to think back on those that taught us and those we have taught...each sharing our love of using our hands and hearts.


Smocking is a way to use your heart and hands to create small "Wee Care Gowns"...tiny gowns for tiny angels.


These gowns are donated to hospitals to dress sweet infants that are stillborn or die shortly after birth. I pray for the mother, of each child the gown goes to...may she find some comfort in knowing someone cared.  Making these tiny gowns, has led me to my next interest.
Recently, I have become obsessed with doll making. Waldorf dolls, with sculpted cloth faces and stuffed with wool.


 My friend and I ordered a kit from etsy and  we look forward to getting started.

 I say, I am  obsessed, as I have a Pinterest board devoted to these dolls and I have watched every You Tube video I can find.  Do you do that with a new interest? 

 Another doll interest I have is half dolls...the bottom of the doll is quite often a pincushion.  I have an antique reproduction mold to make a few of my very own. 


As a "Thank You" for visiting me during this party I will be giving away one of these half dolls.  Please leave a comment telling me which color you prefer and I will draw a winner on February 15th.
Drawing was held on February 13th due to 
unexpected circumstance!  Congratulations to the winners!!! There are never enough hours in the day to do all I want to do...my mind and pinterest boards are full of ideas of new things to create!  



                                            Love to all,

                                                 Deb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...